the ultimate counter-attacking firefly-tank?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

the ultimate counter-attacking firefly-tank?

Post by KFCrispy »

ok my purpose for this thread has changed into creating a setup that can capitalize on a counter-attack game, which involves Fireflying all enemies to attack and hurt themselves.

Wall Rune can be useful along with Firefly, but the true tanks don't need this option and can actually opt for Double-Strike instead (well some of them, with the right equipment). but we can make lesser tanks into fireflying defending fools who might have higher counter attack and attack values, all while allowing the buddy to choose any command and keep the neo-tank defending to increase defense enough to be called a tank.

also, defending increases shield/parry/counter-attack rates

now i haven't really looked into characters that definitely fit this description yet, maybe Sharon... or ppl with even less defense? but i got the idea when Kornholio said to give everyone wall runes to make the most "Worst.Party.Ever" at the gamefaqs Suikoden 3 forum ^_^

silly theories...

here's something to think about..
Sharon - parry B+, shield B, repel B+, armor B+ (this and being able to equip a shield give her little reason to need Wall -_-... but we can make her light-weight and built for counter-attacks!). 2 rune slots: Firefly, Wall...
shield: Mangosh or Chaos..? or Guardian Set (increased counter rate, dunno if shield-protect up or not)

Watari (a tank?!) - 3 rune slots: Firefly, Wall, Counter/Hazy. Counter S, Repel A, Armor Protect C. looks like it's more useful to convert this guy since he lacks in both offense and defense.

Duke/Edge - counter B+/A, strong atk and can barely reach 2 swings anyway, 2 rune slots. edge gets 2 swings easier, giving him more reason to stay as an attacker.

Futch - parry B+ and 2 rune slots, but he is obviously much better off as a mounted unit......... but maybe a mounted unit counter atk will still use the pair's total atk??? that can spell serious damage, but he also won't need Wall Rune to reduce dmg.

Hugo mounted - although it's probably a waste.. Hugo has counter B+, parry B+ and repel S, arm.prot C but Fubar to boost his HP.

Percival - counter B+ parry A but just 1 rune slot. survivability may be an issue unless he has Windspun Armor.

Thomas - 2 rune slots, parry A+

there are some counter, repel and parry boosting equipment...

----------------
i am comparing these to what is the most obvious counter-attacking tank in the game:
Fred - S in shield protect, allowing Mangosh or Guardian Set to maximize counter rate, but he may be better off with Fury/Double-Strike than a Counter Rune, allowing other characters to surpass his counter-rate and counter-hit damage.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i think augustine is the hardest to attack phisicaly,i remembering his parry and counter being so high for me he was untouchable by yubers attack but not having a game on S3 right now i couldnt give you statistics(sorry)
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Augustine only gets one free rune slot, so its hard to make him into what kfcrispy is trying to do. Same reason why I don't think Percival would work.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there ARE a lot of requirement i have for this goal, and while Fred and Twaikin seem to match this description easily, Fred lacks power in 1-swing counter attacks, and Twaikin doesn't shield/counter often enough -_-