Reveals the True Rune-- mother of the Ressurection Rune.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jowy Atreides

Re: Reveals the True Rune-- mother of the Ressurection Rune.

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't think anything has really been proven. Roundier Haia was basically the only person that could give out Falcon runes before the fourth game, and they went back to him in the fifth game (Belcoot is one of his students). Kika's attainment of the Falcon style/rune is totally unknown.

I'm still looking around for info, by the way. I very distinctly remember someone saying that Falcon runes just represent the style of fencing, and are not actually runes at all.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I don't think anything has really been proven. Roundier Haia was basically the only person that could give out Falcon runes before the fourth game, and they went back to him in the fifth game (Belcoot is one of his students). Kika's attainment of the Falcon style/rune is totally unknown.

I'm still looking around for info, by the way. I very distinctly remember someone saying that Falcon runes just represent the style of fencing, and are not actually runes at all.
If i remember correctly, Kika's version of the Falcon rune is distinctly different from those of future bearers. Perhaps Kika's Falcon Rune is simply another Rune/Technique bearing the same name? Or perhaps Kika is an ancestor to Haia or an ancestor to whomever trained Haia in the first place?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That could very well be the reason, or Kika's rune isn't really called "Falcon" (Vextor?)

I'm still inclined to say that the techniques are actual runes that contain the skill and that a person has to train in order to use it. It could explain why some skills aren't compatible at all with people depending on their weapon type, mainly because of what weapon they've trained in.

Pahn uses his fists and gets to use the Boar rune, all of the Falcon Rune bearers are swordsmen, all of the Unicorn Rune users are spearmen, etc.

While it could be easily relegated to a simple game contrivance, the fact that they included the skill system and subsequently upgraded it to give certain people passive and combat skills (Sialeeds' Long Throw, among others), much in the same way actual runes do, would suggest there is a reason for special attacks to be encased in runes.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Yeah but how do you explain characters like Morgan being able to use the Boar rune. He didn't have to train to use the rune, he just had to use his fists as a weapon.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Actually, Morgan uses talons (fist mounted) in order to fight in regular combat.
That would mean he could use the Boar Rune (a fist combo) due to him already being conditioned for hand to hand combat.

Think of it this way: they need to be experts at their craft in order to avoid hurting themselves when using such high powered technique runes. It takes mastery in body, mind and weaponry in order to deliver such attacks.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Actually, Morgan uses talons (fist mounted) in order to fight in regular combat.
That would mean he could use the Boar Rune (a fist combo) due to him already being conditioned for hand to hand combat.

Think of it this way: they need to be experts at their craft in order to avoid hurting themselves when using such high powered technique runes. It takes mastery in body, mind and weaponry in order to deliver such attacks.
Okay so then it would make sense Kika can use a Sword technique like the Falcon rune since she is so skilled with the rune. The only differnce between Kika's rune and Valeria/Anita's is that they are using Rapiers and Kika uses double swords, btu the rune it self isn't much differnt, it still involves multiple stirkes to the enemy.
-Chaco
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I just finished the Greenhill section a little while ago, and the student definitely sells Resurrection runes. You can find them in Jeane's shop too. That's a dispute from two pages ago, but I thought I'd just clear that up.

Apparently there really is such a thing as a Falcon rune. Sorry about that.

Keeping on the same subject, I believe that Long Chan Chan "makes" White Tiger runes, but I'll have to look around for that info as well.
JanusThePaladin

I really hope for a True Skill Rune. I think that would add an entire extra layer to the power of Runes in Suikoden. I mean, we've got runes controlling life, compassion, forgiveness, punishment, light, darkness, destruction, resurrection. These are all ideas that are far beyond the regular scope of videogame magic. It would be very interesting to have a True Rune that was all about physical skill, while still BEING magical. If any rune that already exist could fit into this idea, what do you all think it would be?
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

None so far, but the closest would probably be the True Holy rune....sure its not a true rune but its close....about as close as every other pyshical rune there is, besides the point it has true in its name.

Oh and we don't know all about the Eightfold rune...maybe thats why Yuber is so fast and skill full in combat.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

I was actually thinking of the Soverign Rune. As it has a nullifying ability on magic, and skills are kind of the opposite of magic, it makes sense.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Mikain Clan King wrote:None so far, but the closest would probably be the True Holy rune....sure its not a true rune but its close....about as close as every other pyshical rune there is, besides the point it has true in its name.

Oh and we don't know all about the Eightfold rune...maybe thats why Yuber is so fast and skill full in combat.

although the true holy rune seems to be born with individuals{meaning a baby is born with the rune} it is not a True rune and its actual translation is Godspeed Rune
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Suikoden 3 you have Yuber in your party. My understanding is for sure, he can summon monsters from his world and control them, using them in battle, he can also create dopplegangers oh himself like the monsters in the Highway village area in Suikoden 2. So we know some of it's abilities.
-Chaco
JanusThePaladin

Actually, Sarah does the same thing (excepting the dopplegangers) without a True Rune.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Actually, Sarah does the same thing (excepting the dopplegangers) without a True Rune.
Doesn't Sarah just create mirage images of monsters that don't actually exist? She has strange abilities for someone who doesn't have a rune.

Yuber's rune DOES summon monsters he does this in Suikoden 1, 2 and 3. (Zombie dragion in Suikoden 2) and it's pretty obvious it's his rune that allows him to do this.
-Chaco
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's difficult to say. When it comes to Sarah (and probably Leknaat and Windy, along with a few other individuals), they use something known as 'sorcery,' rather than just magic. Of course, everyone knows what 'sorcery' is, but they haven't really clarified how this concept fits into the Suikoden series, and how it relates to rune-based magic.

Luc summons a golem with his True Wind Rune in the first game, but it seems that he can also summon monsters by just using 'sorcery.' I would suspect that Yuber can do the same, and it may not have anything to do with his True Rune. Even the rune he uses in battle, the Eight-Devil rune, is known to not be the same as the Eightfold rune, his True Rune.