Introducing friends to Suikoden...

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Mikain Clan King

Introducing friends to Suikoden...

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Was wondering how big of a help Suikosource members have been to Suikoden's popularity...How many people have you got into it/recruited? I've got a couple, not many but around 2 or 4. (now I'm like cut off from people...homeschooled and stuff and only 1 family lives near me has kids...)
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Introducing friends to Suikoden...

Post by Oppenheimer »

None of my friends are very much into Suikoden or any video games for that matter. That's the reason I like single player games like RPGS. It's something to do when I'm alone. When I'm with friends we occasionally play plotless video games (like Dynasty Warriors or Mario Party) or just do something that doesn't involve video games. It'd be pretty hard to have a bunch of friends over to play a one player game.
Mikain Clan King

Hmm yeah, but I do it when I'm at my cousin's house and he is doing something on computer...and stuff like that...you could (maybe not such a great idea) have your friends represent a certain character and they choose there runes, then when in battle conrtroll them...6 people, it could happen.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I think I have gotten more people to play suikoden from game forums rather than from my peer group/family. I have plenty of gamers in my family and friends but a lot of them aren't rpg players.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I got my friend Stefani to play Suikoden. She played the first one and loved it, now she's playing the second.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I am like a mormon when it comes to Suikoden, I go door to door recruiting Suikodeneers.

I have gotten about 7 or 8 people to play. I always hate it when they play them all then earn the right to borrow my copy of 2. >_>
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've gotten 2 people to play the game. the first one kept pronouncing "suikoden" wrong so it pissed me off.. but i think he played 1-3 and maybe 4 when we in high school. the other person is my girlfriend who thinks it's just okay. she played 1, most of 2, and some of 5... she doesn't commit to games so she will simply stop playing them after a while unless it's short enough O_o
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

my brother is a graphics whore and can't seem to understand that Suikoden 1 and 2 are PS1 games and not PS3 so the graphics won't look like FF13

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Unfortunatelly, most of my friends share little love for RPG based games, but that doesn't mean i do not try convincing then. But at the present time i could seduce only one person to the Suikoden side of the force...But i keep trying, Suikoden must be saw by everyone interessed in videogames!
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I can't get anybody into it, yet I always talk about it. My mom and sister even know some of the characters. I got my boyfriend to look at the female characters, but that's about it. I did let my friend borrow the first one, though. Hopefully she likes it.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I just got three more. ^_^
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Mikain Clan King

Redheim wrote:I just got three more. ^_^
Whoa all at once?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Author

Post by Author »

I luckily have S2 but my friend lost S1 >.> accidentally gave it away I guess. And here, that's SUPER RARE. I actually got that from a friend....and never returned it *cough*

I'm recruiting people and found a few interested. The problem is they don't have the game. Better to start at S1 you know. I can't wait for them to re-release it but I think it's not going to be re-release in PS1 <.<

One way I advertise Suikoden is I'm a major Pokemon Roleplayer and I use the character art of Suikoden. I often mention it so I bet all my fellow RPers would buy the game after hearing it from me xD So far I've recruited just one =( She loved it =D
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Oppenheimer wrote: It'd be pretty hard to have a bunch of friends over to play a one player game.
Agreed.

Though, I still introduce to my friends(It a great game mind you. . ) and quite amaze that they like it. 4 of them,
does not have any PS1 so they just played Suikoden 5. Out of 4, 2 of them are currently passing around my Suikoden 3
1 of them are playing my suikoden 4. The last one keep borrowing my PSP to play Suikoden 2. . and 1.
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

My siblings express no interest (or they try to hide their obsession to play MY Suikoden games! ^__^) in playing Suikoden. I have no plan of spreading Suikoden to my friends in fear of having them borrow my games, since Suikoden's are rare here.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!