is it possible to defeat...

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

is it possible to defeat...

Post by KFCrispy »

the super-strong Marshalls in Thomas Chapter 2? i think a place listed them as 65000 HP, and i forgot if there is a time limit for the battles, but this would be an interesting challenge. Thomas can recruit Nei/Toppo/Shabon, Augustine (only Rose Brooch, no Whites available), Jefferson (if u can get the medal set for Aug u can bump him to S), Jeane, Twaikin if necessary.. and i think Thomas, Juan, and Piccolo are mandatory party members, only giving u 3 choices. I don't think Thomas can fight treasure bosses though! the team would desparately need Double-Strikes if there is a round limit.

also, the first major battle in Chapter 4 - while it seems impossible, is it allowable to defeat Luc & gang? this would need a ton of preparation--maxed skills and lots of equipment finding/buying during Chapter 3 of each main character.. and who exactly gets to be in this battle, who had to have recruited them......
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

Yes, it can be done, I had Augustine, Thomas, Cecile, Piccolo, Juan and Mel.
Augustine/Juan/Cecile.
Mel/Piccolo/Thomas.
Strategy: Take them out 1 by 1.
Augustine uses Red Rose constantly. Mel uses her Devil doll atk, after this use her for both atks and healing. Juan human shield for piccolo, attacks and heals. Piccolo uses his lightning rune spells, if he runs out he heals instead of Juan. Cecile and Thomas both Atk and heal eachother.
I don't know what lvs they were, but this was the way I beat them. Btw they have 6500 hp and the battle only stops when either they or you are defeated.
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

Every time I have fought them there has definitely been a turn limit. I've always recruited Watari and Ayame in Thomas' chapters and I use them in that battle; the Marshalls usually can't even hit them at all, making it more or less impossible for my party to be wiped out. I also kept my entire party alive so it's not just a matter of losing a certain number of characters. The battle always ended on its own eventually.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think i remember waiting to die or the thing to end because i thought they were impossible to kill and my characters (especially Cecile) were too strong and taking way too little damage. so i kept defending, which boosts defense more, but it was supposed to save time cuz they wouldn't attack... i think it did auto-end after a long time, though.

6500 HP seems pretty easy, actually.

is there a special scene that occurs or does Thomas' party still comment about how strong they are?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I played it recently and can confirm it does end after a couple of turns if neither you or them is defeated.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm going to use Code Breaker to keep my characters alive as long as possible in order to see if i can win the strategy battle coming out of 4. it will be interesting... i mean, if you can defeat them and you're not supposed to... and the map is clean.... O_o
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

which marshall izzit ? the zexen knights ?
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Kage

Post by Kage »

Naw, son, dey aints be talkin bout da Zexen Knights, know what I'm sayin? Dey be talkin bout da Zexen marshalls dat be tryin 2 remove Thomas from Budehuc, ight? When Tom and his homies be runnin in2 da house and be fighting, and den Queen be savin dem if u aint be strong enuff 2 be winnin da fight, know what I'm sayin?