Squenix shenanigans

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

When someone is new to something, they are bound to make mistakes.

Super Smash Bros. is a fighting game.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I think I actually remember a fighting game where cloud from FF VII was a playable character but can't remember the game's name. Don't think it ever became very popular.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
True Tir Mcdohl

Post by True Tir Mcdohl »

son_michael wrote:can super smash brothers really be put in the same category as fighting games?

and were tlaking about NINTENDO here..they do things RIGHT they give 100% quality and endurance..I dont think they would release an online service with Lag
No matter what, there will be lag, you have to first get connected to their service and then become connected to the other player. So what if the player runs on a higher speed then you, or you run on a higher speed then the other player. Lag does, and can occur, even with the best connections of today, there is no 100% flawless connection, which is why online fighting games has not picked up.

Even a minor lag spike can mean so much in a fighting game, I mean, take for instance, Justin Wong and Ricky Ortiz, two well established SF players, and they played online against this one guy yet they where defeated by this random guy because of the lag. However when they called the guy out to play against them in money matches at a tournament where everything was present, the guy had no chance in the world, because execution and the moves came out 100%.

So no, online even for SSBB will not be 100%, however it will be good from a business standpoint because average players will enjoy the online capability. On a note, SSB is a fighting game, although it is different, it still doesn't change the fact that one has to defeat the other, which is basically what a fighting game is all about, and the game is deep, only one who does not know the game will say otherwise.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Futagi wrote:I think I actually remember a fighting game where cloud from FF VII was a playable character but can't remember the game's name. Don't think it ever became very popular.
It's not that it wasn't popular, it was just hard to come by, I do believe so. But the name of the game is Ehrgeiz God Bless The Ring. They had a few FF characters in the game, I think Sephiroth was in it as well.
Dinn

Post by Dinn »

they have made nothing but crap after they became Square Enix. Konami and Koei has surpassed them, in my opinion. But Koei is starting to drop out of the race, because of the steadily increasing crap they are starting to shell out. Enough Dynasty Warriors guys! Konami has always done me right, from MGS series to Suikoden, which I didnt discover until 3. Yes, I am a bit ashamed, but best RPG series I have seen in my opinion.
FILTHY DEVIL!
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Ok, some I'm not calling shenanigans yet...

FFXII Revenant Wings on the DS, someone help me understand why you would make a spin-off of a PS2 exclusive on the D$? I$ there a good rea$on or is this just Squenix trying to capitalize on a phenomenal $ales of the DS with the Final Fantasy name?

It's a little silly to say every PS2 owner who plays FFXII owns a DS, but the ones that do would be more inclined to play a spin off game. Even if the stories are unrelated and the games just share characters, this seems odd to me. On the one hand, I can see how it may broaden their audience, but on the other it's a gamble as by way of FFII being a PS2 exclusive DS owners have no familiarity with this game/world/title.

Perhaps it makes perfect sense, but it seems a little beyond my gra$p.
True Tir Mcdohl

Post by True Tir Mcdohl »

Mikalakatov wrote:
Futagi wrote:I think I actually remember a fighting game where cloud from FF VII was a playable character but can't remember the game's name. Don't think it ever became very popular.
It's not that it wasn't popular, it was just hard to come by, I do believe so. But the name of the game is Ehrgeiz God Bless The Ring. They had a few FF characters in the game, I think Sephiroth was in it as well.
Ehrgeiz was a pretty horrible game, the only reason why it sold somewhat was because Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, and Sephiroth where playable characters, even I bought it for that reason back in the day. Other than that, the game was pretty bad, such small arenas and some of the specials where just downright ridiculous, like Yoko's Yoyo special and especially Tifa's because it was some sort of homing fireball, not to mention Tifa could launch an opponent into the air and pratically keep them up there because of her ridiculous juggling and combobility.

Although I have to admit, OmniSlash as a grab looked pretty wicked in a more realistic motion attack.