Current True Rune Locations

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Red Exodus

Current True Rune Locations

Post by Red Exodus »

I was just wondering, for the True Runes that have been revealed so far,
what/where are there current locations?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ill give you what ever info I know

soul eater aka rune of life and death= Tir mcdohl owns it

gate rune, front half= MIA

gate rune, back half=leknaat has it

dragon rune= milia has it

rune of beggining= riou and jowy both posses a half of the components to make this true rune

beast rune= MIA

circle rune= Hikusak is said to have it

blue moon rune= sierra has it

soverign rune=MIA

rune of change= sindar leader has it

eightfold rune= yuber has it

night rune aka star dragon sword= edge has it

rune of punishment= lazlo has it

true wind rune= MIA

true earth rune= sasarai has it

true water rune= chris has it

true fire rune= hugo has it

true lightning rune= geddoe has it
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

"Current" is rather subjective, given how the significant gap between different games in the series.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This isn't 100% updated but here you go, from the main site:

http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

And, Rune of the Beginning is rather wishy-washy.

You can either combine the parts, or keep them separated.

After seeing all endings, I usually wind up with a whole rune.
:P
Playing Suikoden III......
rhylis

Post by rhylis »

Actually, the official ending to Suikoden 2 from Konami is that Riou refuses to fight Jowy and they both keep their half of the rune. It's not wishy-washy.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Yeah--I know what the "true" ending is. I can still consider it wishy-washy. Or Lame. Or Weak.

I mean, from Riou's point of view:

1) Nanami died in this war (remember--I said, his POV)
and
2) He used Riou to kill Luca Blight because Jowy couldn't do it himself.

I'm sorry, if I encountered someone who had done that to my family--I'd be beating him down. Yes, personal feelings really don't belong in a video game--but, I like the ending I go for. It makes sense to me.
Playing Suikoden III......
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thats probably why konami made that ending. It makes the most sense but it would be a said ending to all the raving fans of jowy and nanami so they made a fan service ending and made it the true ending

personally, I think it also made more sense for riou to take over dunan, the true ending should have been him killing jowy, recieveing the rune of begging and becoming the leader of dunan
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I feel that counteracts the point of the Rune of BEgining that conflict doesn't always have to end with death. First Jowy didn't kill Nanami, that was the Mathilda Knight leader. Second Luca needed to die, yes Jowy should perhaps of directly been there but it was a plan that Leon proposed and it worked. Jowy is not Snowe, he's always valued Riou's friendship and Jowy was just trying to restore some sort of order. It's the divisiness of the two RUnes to come into conflict.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

and that conflict should have made riou kill jowy and it should have been riou's destiny to claim the rune of beginning

IMO

and who ever said jowy killed nanami? nobody in this thread said it
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Moonbay implied it, indirectly was Jowy's fault because of the war and that is a reason to kill Jowy. I don't agree is all.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Jowy is not Snowe, he's always valued Riou's friendship and Jowy was just trying to restore some sort of order.
Sure. He valued that friendship so much that he didn't hesitate to make a plan to kill his best friend atop Jowston Hill (alongside Nanami and Teresa, no less), using a peace treaty as a platform.

Honestly, he was not that much different from Snowe. He was only luckier, to have all the necessary resources to make a difference: an entire kingdom, a lovestruck princess, a Silverberg and half the power of a true rune.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That's not necessarily true. Recall that at Jowston Hill Jowy only planned to force Riou to surrender. He had no intentions of killing him. And the ending where Riou chooses not to kill Jowy is the only real conceivable ending. If Riou inherited the Rune of Beginning then he would have the power to judge wars and basically making the rest of the games rather useless. Aside from that, somebody explain to me what Riou would do with the full power of the Rune of Beginning and living with the fact he murdered his closest and dearest friend after being stripped of his future. Somebody would have to explain how to get around those few little inquiries and then I would find it feasible.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

demon eye wrote:That's not necessarily true. Recall that at Jowston Hill Jowy only planned to force Riou to surrender. He had no intentions of killing him. And the ending where Riou chooses not to kill Jowy is the only real conceivable ending. If Riou inherited the Rune of Beginning then he would have the power to judge wars and basically making the rest of the games rather useless. Aside from that, somebody explain to me what Riou would do with the full power of the Rune of Beginning and living with the fact he murdered his closest and dearest friend after being stripped of his future. Somebody would have to explain how to get around those few little inquiries and then I would find it feasible.
well I dont think riou would travel all over the place looking for wars to judge them, so I dont think the games would be ruined...in fact yeah he would be depressed, so what? thats life in the suiko verse, he could just go into hiding and then re emerge later in the series as a new kind of riou, a not so innocent riou, a riou with blood on his hands{expression} and a riou that very harshly judges people and events

hell he could even be a future villain if that all happened, my endng sounds way better than what they officially did IMO

besides..how are we ever going to see the rune of beginning in action? how are the 27 true runes gonna be used if 1 of them is never formed?
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Hmm...actually, come to think of it, what happened to Jowy if you chose to rule the country? Is it just assumed that the Dark Sword Rune killed him?
Hello Suikoden-type people:D