Fire Magic Rings

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Halfhand

Fire Magic Rings

Post by Halfhand »

Is it possible to get a Fire Magic Ring after chp 3? I got two Fire Magic Rings from Azzodess rather quickly but I've spent numerous hours trying to get the third without any success.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Nope. You can only get them from the FC Hideaway when the treasure boss is the Azzodess.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Halfhand

Post by Halfhand »

Is it even possible to get a third? Hugo is so close to an S rank fire magic but if I can't find another I'd prefer to just move on.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

I'm not sure exactly what determines the drop-off of good treasure boss loot. I would assume that you can't since after about two pilferings of any treasure boss you pretty much just get crap afterwards, but I wonder if it's theoretically possible to continue getting good stuff with multiple battles. From personal experience, I've never gotten a good item after my second looting, on any treasure boss.
Halfhand

Post by Halfhand »

Well I know the length of time inbetween each looting is a factor but even after hours of waiting I've made no progress.

On the other hand, I had a lot of success looting the rock golem's chest for many lightning magic rings. By Geddoe's chp2 I had at least ten.

Edit: I figured it out. I finished Hugo's chapter and continued with Geddoe. Killed Azzodess a few times and a fire magic ring popped right up. :> Now to get three water magic rings for Chris.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

try to collect as many Fire and Lightning Rings as you want for the rest of the game before ending all Chapter 3's. i've tried fighting the Azzodess for more Fire Rings duing and after the gain-True-Fire stuff in Chapter 4 and never could get another Fire Magic Ring. it may just be bad luck cuz i've spent hours getting nothing in chapter 3 as well, but it's also possible it's just not a gift anymore. same as Lightning Ring. not sure..

also, Rage Runes is the same idea. Geddoe's group can get a Hunter Rune in a chapter 2 or something and fight the Troll Dragon boss in Amur Plains, but if you move on to the next chapter, the Troll Dragon boss there only gives a Sword of Rage.
i know the webpage says differently, but i gotta tell them to update it.. discovered it a long time ago
Halfhand

Post by Halfhand »

I know, I've been preparing for all that. It's my third time through the game so this is my perfect file with Hugo as the flame champ. Right now I have 3 gale runes (I got one in thomas chp1 zexen forest, I think the area boss has it), 16 fury runes, three people with maxed out lit magic and plenty more rings to max out at least three more. As for the fire/water magic rings, I'm only getting enough to max out Hugo and Chris' true runes.

Thanks for the Rage rune tip. I was going to wait until chp 4 to bother with it. And yes, you can get a hunter rune in Geddoe's chp2. :>
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

How and where do you get a hunter rune in Geddoe's chapter 2?
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

In Geddoe's Chapter 2, you can fight the Nemesis treasure boss in Mt. Senai after meeting Luc and company. You can win one off the Nemesis.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

off the Nemesis? as in he drops it, or it is in the chest when Nemesis is the boss?
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Well, there'd be no way of taking an item off him without excessive randomness, so I would have to assume it would be in the chest.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

wizard hats work just as well raising fire and lightining statsby 1,giving geddoe 1 lightining ring and a wizard hat makes him S,hugo i think needs a hat and 2 fire rings for a S level fire,chris im not so sure of because to tell you the truth i have never seen a water ring
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can get multiple Water Rings at the Hideaway (although i've gotten zero from there in all my playthroughs), and since Chris has a max skill of B+ in water, 3 rings will give her S rank.
Halfhand

Post by Halfhand »

Geddoe needs two lightning magic rings, Chris needs three water magic rings, and Hugo needs three fire magic rings and a wizard hat.
Fugen

Post by Fugen »

... Damn. I'm already in Chapter 4.
So I can't get any more fire/lightning/water magic rings now?

OT: For some reason, I got more than one Pale Gate Rune from the dead body at Flame Champion hideaway - I slapped one on Connie (A+ in Pale Gate, if you can believe it), and the other on Viki (child).

The one in Iksay Village is now permanently welded to Estella's lying head.