[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
LadyKarasu

Re: Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by LadyKarasu »

Chris (FC so required) - Physical attacker. Beefed her Damage up to S rank with the Emperor appointment and a Horned Helm.
Nei - I put her in for Jongleur originally, but she ended up just as a healer. Which was fine. A healer is needed.
Emily - Well duh. And she's even better with a Fury rune on her. :D
Estella - Pale Gate Caster. Used Pale Palace only.
Juan - Physical attacker of doom. Second only to Emily.
Sasarai - Pale Gate, same as Estella.

This team beat the final boss in three turns with Chris, Emily, and Juan doing physical attacks; Estella and Sasarai hammering the enemy with Pale Palaces every turn; and Nei making sure none of them died with her Shield Rune. I also attempted to beserk everyone with the level one spell on the shield rune on the first round. It was fabulous.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

My last run, I used:

Hugo
Nei

Yumi
Yuiri

Shabon
Emily

At the moment I can't remember the exact rune setup... but I know Shabon had Fury/Double-Strike/Warrior, and I think Yuiri had Fury/Double-Strike/Killer. I gave Yuiri a Cheif's hat and the title with +critical.

Emily had I think either a double strike or a fury, as I remember hazy is permanent.

Yumi had a flowing complete with Water rings, and either Earth or Mother earth.

Nei had shield, jongleur, and flowing.

Hugo had either fury or double strike and continual attack+ on his armor and a cheif's hat (it's late and I can't sleep... I think it was Dragon Scale?)

I always loved Emily for her strong Multi attacks, but Shabon too is a beast. She's so incredibly strong, but with warrior and double strike she's a glass cannon. A rather quick glass cannon.

And sticking Shabon, Emily, and Yuiri with a maxed out Jongleur Rune and Song of Madness (I love you Nei) does some incredibly damage. In fact, I remember Yuiri hit the wind reincarnation for over 20,000 in a SINGLE HIT. Between song of madness and all of her runes/skill, I think it must have been a double critical from her skills or something because I have never seen anything hit that hard in Suikoden 3.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Aldo wrote:In fact, I remember Yuiri hit the wind reincarnation for over 20,000 in a SINGLE HIT. Between song of madness and all of her runes/skill, I think it must have been a double critical from her skills or something because I have never seen anything hit that hard in Suikoden 3.
damage per hit is capped at 9,999, which is why nobody can 1-shot the final boss (takes at least 2 attacks, WIncar has around 13,000 HP). so you read the number wrong.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Maybe she did over 20,000 in an attack round then. All I know is with Song of Madness and criticals she did some crazy damage. It was a while ago
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Final Battle with Sarah, chapter 5 (Ceremonial Site) party choices.I'm playing as Chris in Hugo Story chapter 5.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

The final boss isn't very hard or maybe luck is just around. I finished the game yesterday.

Hugo Chris Geddoe
Fubar Sasarai Estella

Their levels are:

Hugo 61 (61 bcoz of the Guardians in the vision)
Chris 59
Geddoe,Fubar,Sasarai 58
Estella 55

just max put their Magic Resistance and you'll be okay.

Just make sure they have Jizo's coz you'll never know.. But in my case, nobody died.

Runes:

Hugo True Fire, Killer
Chris TWater Phoenix
Geddoe Champion's TLit. Alert <<< (The battle should have been for me to check and prepare and not to defeat the boss but it went that way. I nshould have equipped him w/ better runes)
Fubar Fury
Sasarai Pale Gate, TEarth, Flowing
Estella Pale Gate, Rage, Thunder
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

The party I used:

Hugo Queen Chris
Salome Geddoe Sasarai

Runes:
Hugo - TLightning or TFire, Fire
Chris - TWater, Phoenix
Geddoe - Sunbeam (to counteract the Blood Armor's effect), TLightning/TFire, Lightning
Queen - Flowing, Ripple
Sasarai - Mother Earth, TEarth, Flowing
Salome - Flowing, Shield
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

hey so i'm sharing my main party, i can't remember that fake strongest mage

the one who claimed she defeated Crowley

anyways

Hugo - True Fire --- Hallec --- That mage (Rage)
Watari - Cyclone --- Fubar --- Sgt. Joe - Flowing

this party is focused on casting the strongest AoE of the Fire Runes at first turns

its made this way so you won't damage anybody with your flames as Hugo don't have precision skill

Hugo and that mage in the front will prevent the back from charging ahead while they're charging

also Fubar and Hallec won't charge as well since you'll use their unite to gain the berserk status for the following turns

the second turn is where the normal attackers come in, Hallec and Fubar's unite in the first turn should berserk both of them so you use this to your advantage

Thunder Rune and 1 target spells are your choices in magic

I needed lifesavers (just in case) so I chose Sgt. Joe as he is quite proficient with the Flowing rune and quite decent with normal attacks

Watari is medial support if no massive healing is needed, he's got three slot free so he's quite flexible as well

this strategy is mostly for boss battles

Auto normally works with random battles
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

she's Estella.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

FINALLY !! (mimicking The Chicken Soup Commercial from our country)

thank you, you've removed a splinter in my mind

i was too lazy to sniff around for that drag queen

^_^
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Mio wrote:FINALLY !! (mimicking The Chicken Soup Commercial from our country)

thank you, you've removed a splinter in my mind

i was too lazy to sniff around for that drag queen

^_^
haha.

actually, i didn't know she tells many lies until i read her article here at suikosource.

anyway, a bit OT(yay!):

what was that commercial? XD
i dont remember a catchy chicken soup commercial! lol.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

My party was Geddoe, Hugo, Chris, Hallec, Emily and Sassarai (I ALWAYS wanted to play with Sassarai since Suikoden 2 and I was so happy I got to in S3)...Can't remember all the rune combos and everything but I do remember accidentally picking Geddoe instead of Hugo as the Flame Champion and accidentally saved over my file right before I got to choose the champ (maybe thats my biggest in game screw up)...Emily hit like 3-8 times per attack lol she didn't even have fury on her...Hallec hit like 2-3 times and did huge amounts each time...Sassarai was 1. for kicks 2. he is awesome and 3. his magic protection spells helped alot Geddoe I had to, Hugo just cause I wanted (to tell you the truth he was incredibly weak on my file) and Chris just to complete the trio.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yeah, me too I wanna have Sasarai in SII but I got turned off when he lost his hat in SIII but never mind!

about the topic, I suggest to max out all Magic Resistance skills of all your allies.
Twin Dragon

Post by Twin Dragon »

Mine is....

Hugo: True Fire Rune and Wind Rune
I Forgot to take out the wind rune and put in fubar but he's fast and do a decent damage without fubar. Sometimes i hate to use the true fire because it could hurt your allies

Viki: Pale Gate, Blinking and Shield Rune
Well she is every game in suikoden so she deserve it and she's my main caster.Although she has tendency to backfire magic sometimes during the battle

Thomas:Cyclone and Warrior Rune
Well he is the Tenkai Star and since it is a magical battle the penalty of using the warrior rune would be a waste

Sasarai: Pale Gate, True Earth and Flowing Rune
He is my main healer and supporter of my party with a canopy defense my party would be safe from magic spells.

Chris: True Water, Phoenix Rune
She my other healer if sasarai has other spell to cast other than that she would help Thomas in attacking.

Geddoe: Earth Rune, True Lightning Rune
He's my support and caster of my party, also clay guardian helps increase the magic defense
and his true lightning will attack the enemy.and since my party compose of almost true bearers, he should be in it.

Support Jeane
Well a second of magic casting could mean life and death especialy the hammer of raijin, empty world,etc.
jbd86es

Post by jbd86es »

My Flame Champion was Hugo.
All characters have maxed skills and are in the level 60 range (Chris is level 99).
I do not remember all the exact equipment (either the Custom levels of appropriate armors and special accessories), so I've listed a lot of the most pertinent items.
Pair 1: Hugo & Fubar
Hugo: True Fire & Violence; Iron Boots, Counter Ring, & Continual Attack Ring
Fubar: Shining Wind & Double-Strike; 3 Sacrificial Jizos
My Hugo never uses magic, so he has no magic skills trained
Pair 2: Chris & Geddoe
Chris: True Water & Phoenix; 2 Water Magic Rings &Iron Heel Shoes;Horned Helm & Windspurn Armor
Geddoe: Double-Strike, True Lightning, & Violence; 2 Lightning Magic Rings & Iron Boots
Pair 3: Juan & Emily
Juan: Killer & Waking; Iron Boots, Belt of Strength, & Yellow Scarf
Emily: Killer & Haziness; Iron Heel Shoes, Belt of Strength, & Yellow Scarf
Juan's Yellow Scarf negates his Fury stat. bonus, but he does extreme damage anyway.

Hugo and Fubar do insane damage attacking; the Double-Strike Rune has never been a problem.
Chris attacks and Geddoe uses his best lightning spells; Chris heals as necessary. When Geddoe has used his best spells, Chris uses Heavenly Drops and Geddoe attacks.
Juan and Emily can use their Fighter union attack to attack all targets; they each hit many times and they have more 3x damage attacks than anything else.

I have also substituted Emily with Sasarai.
Sasarai: Pale Gate, True Earth, Flowing; Water Magic Ring, Iron Boots, & Yellow Scarf
Sasarai attacks with Pale Gate spells, supports with True Earth spells and heals with Flowing spells; I never gave Earth Magic Rings to Sasarai because he has a natural S rank, so they would be a waste. I wonder why there are no Earth Amulets in the game?