[Guide] Obel Ruins

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I would reccomend not using a flying mount as they lower your defense yet raise your evasion. THe problem is, all of the golems moves have 100% accuracy, so you'd be dead if you were on an Iwadori. I have notice, however, that the golems aren't that powerful if you're well prepared. It just takes a bit of creative thinking. One thing that will screw you up, however, are those stupid bats. It seems they've become quite efficient at putting people to sleep. Everytime I get hit with that spell every character in it's vicinity is put to sleep.

Basically, you want to kill the bats and elemental spirits first, then kill the skeletons and take on the golems one at a time. I mean they aren't that strong unless you let them gang up on you. My Trishtan was sleep and on a wind tile and got hit by one of the golems fist and it only did 200 damage and he has over 400 HP. My hervey was also on a wind tile and sleep but he had cast Heart of Tsunouma before falling asleep and it did 157 damage. It's all about being prepared, really and killing those winged rat bastards.
I hope everything is going delicious.
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

I went into the ruins and got all the way to the rage chamber and had two enimies left and six guys on my team, and i lost.

Im very pissed because this is my second playthrough of the game already, but im really pissed over i killed the rage dragon and didnt get and rage meat or or eggs or anything.

Do i have to stel from them?
WERD
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

It would be best to steal. I haven't come up against the dragons yet. If they're unlike the Golems then you should be able to use Noah without fear of dying since her evasion skills are about as awesome as Mizuki's and no one can touch Mizuki. She's like McHammer!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Dragons only have elemental mirrors available for stealing. These are the things dragons can drop: upper-level elemental rune (30%), dragon fin (50%), dragon scale (50%), elemental dragon meat (50%).
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Yeah, you get the mirrors. However, it's still very useful to steal diamonds and platinum from the golems if you can.

For the dragon meat, I just try to kill both dragons first. If no meat, I retry the battle.

Also, has anyone had a chance to dig in the Thunder chamber? I'm curious to see what's there.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

How are diamonds obtained?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there seem to be 2 or 3 versions of the Obel Ruins levels 1-4. On some elemental days it'll the be the 'set' of stages with Obel 1 containing a crab. On other days it'll be the 'set' with Obel 1 having respawning skeletons.

EDIT: nevermind, i actually realize i did find the Ancient Coin and had handed it in for the quest already. however, other information may still apply.
I had found the Ancient Coin on Obel 3 on the day with Crab, went all the way to the 5th floor (the 5th floor there has the Golems spread out, so it seems easier) but because i had not thought about just getting killed to be returned to Obel, i actually restarted the game without ever being able to save.
I did not find the Ancient Coin on Obel 3 when i retried going to Obel 5; it was a different set of enemy lineups with Obel 3 being relatively easier (no elemental enemies until the very end) and Obel 5 has 2 Golems in the same area (unfortunately i never reach there because the first one blocked my path and refused to take more than 2 pts of dmg per non-critical attack)

I also get different enemy/treasure setups on a different elemental day in the only place i can Hunt right now--Collanbal Ruins. There seems to be some digging item per 'set' and if you happen to get the same one later, you will not find new things to dig up. I may be wrong, but the outline for the Obel Ruins might have to get a little more complicated with the different elemental days. Same as a item hunting guide i hope we can compile some day...
Last edited by KFCrispy on Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

I hate going thru the Ruins its such a pain! :evil:
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

I don't know if I got lucky or if it's supposed to be here, but this second time through the game the ancient dish on level 5 appeared as a dig spot literally two squares from the starting point =D

Also, I dug up a platinum, diamond and blasted open a chest for a Cape of Darkness. This was on level 5, the first trip.
Riou Genkaku

Post by Riou Genkaku »

Silvermouse wrote:I don't know if I got lucky or if it's supposed to be here, but this second time through the game the ancient dish on level 5 appeared as a dig spot literally two squares from the starting point =D

Also, I dug up a platinum, diamond and blasted open a chest for a Cape of Darkness. This was on level 5, the first trip.
I gave that Cape of Darkness to Lazlo, but now that I think about it, Noah... or Mizuki... yum.
"Oink like a pig."
"Oink! Oink!"
"Hahahaha! Die pig!"
*slash*
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Silvermouse wrote:I don't know if I got lucky or if it's supposed to be here, but this second time through the game the ancient dish on level 5 appeared as a dig spot literally two squares from the starting point =D

that's the same place I also got the exact same item. I thought the items would be randomized for digging but I guess not. I suppose with a replay through the game someone could jot down the locations for buried treasure.
promethez

Post by promethez »

the items are randomised right? I din't get the rage dragon egg the first time so i have to do it all over again. and yea its such a pain to do it all over again.
btw i noticed the golems don't always appear on the fifth floor. sometimes its just skeleton archers and spirits. well anyway which chamber do you think is the hardest
and the dragons seem immune to silent lake
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I can't say which chamber is the hardest or the easiest, because I've somehow managed to get through them without being attacked by the dragons, skeletons , or archers, but then again I've only gone through the rage chamber 3 times. I am saddened by the weakness of the Pirate King Bracers.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

The Thunder chamber was toughest for me because of the lack of space.
Jarise

Post by Jarise »

I can't remember the dig locations, but Rene digs up a Unicorn Robe and a Sage's Bracelet in the Thunder Chamber.