Money troubles?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Chaos

Money troubles?

Post by Chaos »

It makes sense that equipment is going to cost more as you progress in the game but for me its getting a bit ridiculous. To upgrade 1 weapon to lvl. 7 you have to pay something like 11000 and armor alone costs like 7000(gauntlets lets say 5000). So bring a group of 8 up to par we're looking at around 180,000 and that's not taking into account accessories and if you still can't decide who you want in your main party. I'm just a little annoyed seeing as I just upgraded a short while ago...spent almost all my cash...fought ONE battle...and now I need 180,000. Quests are suppose to help with this but everybody seems to be failing rank B quests(people at lvl. 30).

Anyone else having money troubles?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, I had the same problem. It really doesn't take long if you do the hunting quest for Chiepoo. Like the one in Terana Plain. By the time you have 10 furball pelts you should have enough money to have upgraded everyones weapons , armor, and accessories. As a matter of fact, that's what I did and right now I have 8 pelts and only need to upgrade 3 more people.

Another thing, you might want to sell some of your useless items. Also, sell the armor that your party is equipping as down payment, so to speak, on newer armor.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Yeah I kinda forgot to sell old equipment :oops: . I figured that when you go
"try on" at the outfitter, it sells your old equipment and subtracts that amount from the cost of the new equipment(I'm gullible I guess).
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Yeah, I had the same problem. It really doesn't take long if you do the hunting quest for Chiepoo. Like the one in Terana Plain. By the time you have 10 furball pelts you should have enough money to have upgraded everyones weapons , armor, and accessories. As a matter of fact, that's what I did and right now I have 8 pelts and only need to upgrade 3 more people.

Another thing, you might want to sell some of your useless items. Also, sell the armor that your party is equipping as down payment, so to speak, on newer armor.
just to clarify, you mean we should sell those furball pelts? or we will have that much money by hunting?
killey

Post by killey »

10 furball pelts are required for a Chiepoo Quest, 5 are needed for the X and Co quest.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I havent done 1 x o crap quest, im gonna get those mercenaries!

though, can someone tell me if characters caryr over to new game+? if I got the mercenaries and then started new game+, do I lose them in new game+?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Characters don't carry over. Neither does equipped equipment!

And, no, I didn't meant to sell those pelts. I said to keep them for Chiepoo's quest.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm almost positive about equipped equipment passing over. The guide supports this, but it could be wrong.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I'm almost positive about equipped equipment passing over. The guide supports this, but it could be wrong.
I second that, I've heard/read from many sources that they pass over. Than again, I have the memory of a goldfish...so let's just hope that the equipment comes with you.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I"ve heard that it passes over, just now when it's equipped. I heard the equipped armor returns to default.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

If you're really having money trouble, collect a lot of rare items, and place them on what would be the best looking female character. Go to Merceto, talk to everyone in gossip, than razril, and do the same. Go to Obel, and there will be a mystery man in the gossip section. he is a pimp.

Your character can now sell their body for cash.

I swear :D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im almost up to the laboratory and I have quite a few giant crabshells, they sell for a very nice profit but I dont know if its wise to sell them, do I need giant crab shells for any quest or character recruitment problems?

if not then I can sell them

actually, it would be nice to have a list of stuff you can sell and stuff you should keep for character recruitments and quest, so lets get working on that people,that kind of thing should be a sticky
killey

Post by killey »

You'll want to keep 3 giant crab shells I think so you can get an Ogre Breath Helm.

Giant Crab Shells x3
Fire Spirit Fragment x1
Water Spirit Fragment x2
Lightning Spirit Fragment x2
Earth Spirit Fragment x1
Wind Spirit Fragment x1
Savage Sprout Flower x1
Savage Sprout Roots x3
Furball Pelts x15
Rainbow Shell x1
Mackerel x20
Mega Medicine x7
Robes x3
Bronze Medal x1
Silver Medal x1
Gold Medal x1
S-Rank Items x1 (Not as if you'd sell them anyway)
Knight's Lunch x1
Frog Skins x3
One-Piece Dress x1
Ancient Coin x1
Giant Bird Feather x1
Blue Savage Sprout Flower x1
Dragon Fin x1 (I'm not even sure where you get these as I'm still looking for one.)
Prime Gold Ore x5
Fur Capes x5
Bonito x10
Diamond x5
Ancient Parchment x1
Ancient Recipe x1

That's as far as I've got with the quests so there may be more.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that will help me alot, thank you killey

you the man!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Actually, Ogre Breath is an arm/wrist equipment.

Also, you find Dragon Fins in Obel Ruins level 5 I believe.