Kyril's Swallow rune

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
FreakGuy

Kyril's Swallow rune

Post by FreakGuy »

is this one a true rune?

it is not so great for a hero to have.

my kyril's magic stats is very low, his rune can only 2-0-0-0
this is sucks!

anybody know how to raise it?
we are the GF!!

CuRsE oN yOu!!!
killey

Post by killey »

No the rune is not a true rune, and the rune is extremeley useful, nothing more annoying than being one square away from an enemy and not being able to finsh it off. And the reason his magic sucks is because after the first few battles he's injured and doesn't train for three years, hence why is magic and skills take a dive.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Swallow Rune is a command rune, similar to the Falcon and Shrike runes.

For more MPs, you need to level Kyril up further. Since MPs get replenished at every level up, the low amount shouldn't be much of a problem. Honestly.
Karayan_Fighter

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

Genshu had this rune in suikoden 2, so maybe there is a trainer who gives them out kind of like the Falcon Rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

"Chrono" had the swallow sword in chrono trigger, I think it was the final sword and his most powerful
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

In the risk of getting off topic, the swallow sword was an optional sword that you could get from a treasure chest or you could get the safe helm I think it was. His best sword was his Rainbow sword but you had to complete two side quests near the end of the game to get that one.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea, your right oppenheimer

thanks for clearing that up, lets not get off topic anymore

the swallow rune is cool, I like it
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The only spell for the Swallow rune that seems to be useful is the third spell, although the elemental sword rune's third spells are equally, if not more so, useful.
I hope everything is going delicious.
killey

Post by killey »

I've seen in other games Kyril's weapon (maybe not quite as fancy though) called Swallows. I'm pretty sure a few of Hawkeye's weapons in Seiken Densetsu 3 were called Swallows. I think.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

A better example would be Serge's weapon in Chrono Cross. He too weilded a dual bladed weapon called a "Swallow".

And as for the rune itself, *I don't want any spoilers*

How do you unlock the Swallow Rune's techniques? Is it by leveling up or plot based event?
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Like other normal magic runes, you unlock higher level techniques by levelling up.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I see. I wasn't sure because I've been purposely leaving Kyril in the dust because I want to go through the ruins as quick as possible. Thanks for the quick reply.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

killey wrote:I've seen in other games Kyril's weapon (maybe not quite as fancy though) called Swallows. I'm pretty sure a few of Hawkeye's weapons in Seiken Densetsu 3 were called Swallows. I think.

Hey Hawkeye is my avatar:)

But on topic, i use the swallow rune all the time.

One time i was surrounded buy a bunch of guys and did the second spell and i killed a few of them.
WERD
Karayan_Fighter

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

Can someone list the names and descriptions of the abilities of the Swallow Rune?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you have access to the first 3 moves when you begin the game (afterwards, Kyril is injured and gets downgraded big time for both storyline and gameplay's sake)

first attack has a range of 3 directly in front in a straight line but will only hit the first target in the line (cuz it's kinda like he throws a fireball). does 0.8x dmg

second atk does dmg to a radius of 1 square around him (so it hits all 8 spaces around him), doing 0.5x dmg

third move has the range of a regular short attack and does 3.0x dmg. whee.