Killing the generals and Kasios

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, Ted did wear the Conqueror Rune. And I believe Red Killey gave a better explanation than I did. Of course, the usage of the Conqueror Rune was dangerous, but Windy was the only one with enough magical prowess to pull something like that off. Besides, she chose people who she believed she could easily manipulate through her magic. Remember that she is more than 300 years old and had probably trained her magical abilities all of those years. She probably knew that she would not be bested, magically, by Kwanda or Milich.

And the Gate Rune is a True Rune, not the Conqueror Rune.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Heh, well then, I'm getting slightly off topic, but what Tir should have done is taken the conqueror rune off Ted at Seek Valley and given it to Crowley. I wonder if Crowley could have been able to control Windy? Then there wouldn't have been a need for the rest of the war! Or Tir could have given the rune to Leeknat next time she popped in.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

The problem is that Ted NEVER had a conqueror rune. He was only under its influence, controlled by Windy!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, Ted did have the Conqueror Rune. That is exactly how he was under Windy's control. ;-)

Also, if Tir removed the Conqueror Rune from Ted, there would be no reason to give it to Crowley or Leknaat because he would have gotten Ted back and the Soul Eater seemed to give him enough ability to fight back against Windy.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

demon eye wrote:he would have gotten Ted back and the Soul Eater seemed to give him enough ability to fight back against Windy.
That sounds like a good plan too. What Tir shouldn't have done is stand their gawking like he did. He knew enough about the black runes from Milich and Kawanda (in fact both would have been there with him at the time if I picked the party) he should have realized what was happening and attacked or removed the black rune from Ted. Ted didn't need to sacrifice himself. Poor Ted.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, it's hard to say whether or not Ted should have sacrificed himself. Ted had lived, alone without not a single good friend for 300 years. He had finally found a person who he could consider to be his true friend. Ted knew that if he didn't die he would pass away sooner or later or he would once again become the Soul Eater's bearer once again thereby causing Tir's death. In the end, Ted knew it was his time to go and he sacrificed his soul to the Soul Eater to give Tir the strength he would need to defeat Windy and carry on.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well then after he's dead he should have taken the black rune off of Ted and given it to Crowley/Leknaat then. Ted did disappear in a white light though, so who knows what happened to the rune. But then Windy just disappeared without so much as a special effect, so you who knows what's game programming and what's plot in that instance.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Then it must be that Kasim and Milich wasnt as loyal as the rest of the generals and needed the cursed black rune!

Well then tell me, How can it be that a person have a rune? called conquerer rune and it makes an other to be able to control the wielder of it? That sounds wacky. And why would Crowley need it? wouldn't Windy controll him because he wears it?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, if Red Killey's right and the stronger magician controls the weaker, and Crowley is stronger magically than Windy, then he'd be in control over her.

Kwanda and Milich weren't disloyal, but the things Windy wanted them to do they probably wouldn't have done, had they not been under the control
of the Black Runes.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Oppenheimer wrote:Heh, well then, I'm getting slightly off topic, but what Tir should have done is taken the conqueror rune off Ted at Seek Valley and given it to Crowley.
Judging from what happened to Kwanda and Milich's Black Runes, I think it would be kind of impossible to just take the rune off and attach it to someone else like that. I'm under the impression that the Black Rune has a kind of "self-destruct mode" or "able to be destroyed from far away by the controller" thingy.
Oppenheimer wrote:Ted didn't need to sacrifice himself. Poor Ted.
Ted would've still died soon anyway due to the loss of a True Rune after bearing it for 300s years. His real age would catch up and he'd still die in the end. I felt that he needed to sacrifice himself there so that Souleater Rune could become more powerful, and it'd help Tir defeating Windy.
Siel Avadon wrote:Then it must be that Kasim and Milich wasnt as loyal as the rest of the generals and needed the cursed black rune!
You meant, Kwanda, not Kasim. And the use of the Black Runes doesn't mean that they are not loyal as the other Generals. It only showed that they were controlled by Windy.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Well, if Red Killey's right and the stronger magician controls the weaker, and Crowley is stronger magically than Windy, then he'd be in control over her.

Kwanda and Milich weren't disloyal, but the things Windy wanted them to do they probably wouldn't have done, had they not been under the control
of the Black Runes.

excactly, but Teo,Kasim and Sonya. Atleast Sonya was are bad people and loyal to its emperor to 150%, So they didnt need the runes

But Milich and Kwanda might been only 100% loyal and didnt want to kill people and such

Yes I did mean Kwanda
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm still not convinced that Sonya acted the way she did solely because of loyalty to Barbarosa. I think she did it because she was in love with Teo and followed his actions. If memory serves, when Tir captures her, that's all she talks about is how Tir betrayed Teo and she wishes to kill him for that.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea

when youre about to fight teo he brands you A traitor and swears to kill even his own son and then when you kill him he clearley says that he was stubborn and foolish, even if the empire was corrupt he refused to see it

sonya would have followed him inside a volcano....so bassically if teo was loyal then so was sonya, if teo left the empire I guarantee sonya would be packing her bags as well

kwanda and milich were also completley loyal to the emperor but obviously they would have seen the change in the empire and in how babarosda does things and get suspicious and they probably would never kill just to kill so they needed to be controlled by black runes

kasim was just like teo, too stubburn and stupid to realise what was going on and 100%loyal to the emperor,only after hes defeated by teos son does he realise the truth of the empires corruption and finnaly agrees to bring down his friend babarosa but before that he didnt nned the black rune since he gladly would have done anything for babarosa and the empire
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm not saying Kwanda and Milich would've become aware that the emperor wasn't in control anymore and leave, it's that what they did under the influence they wouldn't do in any other cirumstance.

Kwanda controlled animals and drove them away (or made them sick or something, I can't remember), something he wouldn't do without the Black
Rune. Not only because he couldn't do the actual animal control without a Black Rune, but he might've not been very enthused to kill animals in the first place. Kwanda seems like a fair-play sort of guy, I don't like he'd do something like ask someone to steal the Blueprints for a Fire Wind Cannon, build one, and then burn down a big giant tree filled with elves. It
just doesn't seem like something he would do, except under Windy's influence.

Milich produced a poisonous flower (poisonous to the point of death), stole an old hermit from his resting place, and used spores with the intent of killing Tir and company. He also doesn't seem like the type of person to do these things, except when he's being controlled by someone else.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

The strange thing is that Kasim castle is full of monsters that protect the castle/keep/fortress. But who really controll the mosnters there? Kasim? then he have a black rune.

And wasnt the northen boarder where Kasim is found first Teo domain?