Hints on finding suikoden 2....

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Mukumuku

Hints on finding suikoden 2....

Post by Mukumuku »

Please if somone found a way to find suikoden 2 cheap and in GOOD condition post (PM me please!!!! I'll do anything at this point) Any hint is helpful like..... Is there a stragy to Ebay? ANYTHING....(what bugs me is that somewhere in some store in America or where ever you live Suikoden II is on a shelf waiting for me to buy it :( )
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Re: Hints on finding suikoden 2....

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Mukumuku wrote:Please if somone found a way to find suikoden 2 cheap and in GOOD condition post (PM me please!!!! I'll do anything at this point) Any hint is helpful like..... Is there a stragy to Ebay? ANYTHING....(what bugs me is that somewhere in some store in America or where ever you live Suikoden II is on a shelf waiting for me to buy it :( )
There's no real strategy, it's all luck.

Here are the problems with the traditional means of buying the games.

Online people are generally game-savvy and the Suikoden games are basically treated as stock, buy low, sell high. Unless you have the unbelievable luck of stumbling across an acution on Ebay held by a guy with no idea of just what he's selling, don't bother unless you're willing to splash the cash, as it were.

Stores like Gamestop etc. are also too savvy to get good prices. While not as horrible as the normal Ebay prices, they do tend to range from 45 to 50 US dollars IF you find it. This is the best deal that's available in all likelyhood but again it's down to luck whether you find a copy.

Your best bet is to advertise in local advertising papers (if you have them in your area), there's bound to be some sap somewhere who just got a Suikoden game for a present, hated it because it's not a FPS and wants to be rid of it for 10 bucks. Again, it comes down to luck.

And that's basically it. Luck.
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

If its luck that it comes down to am screwed....*goes out to buy luck charms because there magicly yummy*
Am sure there are SOME hints of finding games the internet is a very big place......
Brody

Post by Brody »

There's also a games store known as Slackers, which is not as big as EB or Gamestop, but they usually have everything. They're not entirely nationwide yet, but they are quite frequent here in Mizzou, and they have a great PSX game policy of twenty-five bucks for new, and fifteen for used, rarity nonewithstanding. The problem is, you have to get the game before the clerks buy them, which they do quite often.
Shiryou Jin

Post by Shiryou Jin »

I was actually lucky and stumbled across my copy of suikoden II about a year ago in a second hand store, as a result i managed to pick it up for about £7.00 :P

So other than scouring all second hand stores nearby i'd say you'll have to go with e-bay
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

The best deal on Amazon (which can be trusted unlike Ebay) was $165.00

I am going to continue to research this matter on the net
Fury

Post by Fury »

Shiryou Jin wrote:I was actually lucky and stumbled across my copy of suikoden II about a year ago in a second hand store, as a result i managed to pick it up for about £7.00 :P

So other than scouring all second hand stores nearby i'd say you'll have to go with e-bay
7 pounds? That's a heavy CD.

What, that's about 15 USD?
Stalphose

Post by Stalphose »

When I bought my Suikoden II it cost me about 90 dollars(USD), but I sold it back for 90 dollars(USD).I'm trying to find it for cheaper with the case and booklet.When I bought it before it was with the case and booklet.I wish there was some place out there that sold it for a decent price.
Tron Bonne

Post by Tron Bonne »

I found a copy of Suikoden 2 at a discount store by where I live FACTORY sealed for 3 dollars 0.o
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

It's all luck really - I've bought it four times now, costing no more than £20 each time. Of course that's not from Ebay but from being in the right game store at the right time.
If you aren't prepared to wait for that "lucky day", then you just have to bite the bullet and cough up the money expected for it online. Not cheap, but on the other hand you could be playing it by next week.
ViktoryCastle

Luck is true.

Post by ViktoryCastle »

My friend found Suikoden II at a video game store nearby in a used game bin for 15 dollars. Great condition, too.
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

Thanks for all the help... Btw i got suikoden II after years of looking i fianlly have all the suikoden! 8)
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

what me and my brother did was go on ebay everyday
and look everywhere
it took us 6 months to get one
and we got it kind of cheap
for 85 bucks including shipping
and it is in mint condition
which is great!!!!!
but man its going to be hard to find one, but when you do find it, and then play it, it feels so gooooodddd
afi

Post by afi »

I saw suikoden 2(pc version) at a computer store in malaysia's mid-valley megamall . It should cost less than $10 . I don't think you leave in malaysia...tough luck.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

pesmerga786 wrote:what me and my brother did was go on ebay everyday
and look everywhere
it took us 6 months to get one
and we got it kind of cheap
for 85 bucks including shipping
and it is in mint condition
which is great!!!!!
but man its going to be hard to find one, but when you do find it, and then play it, it feels so gooooodddd
Yeah on ebay you see the Suikoden II start at a low price then just soar to about $80-100. Buying the game new costs $120 or more. That's the most common place I ever seen it.