Highest Level?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Highest Level?

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

So... with a cheat (Boo, I know, it's my cheat file) for 8 times Exp, what'd be the max realistic level I could achieve in Suikoden I? (without days-long mind-numbing repetitive battles)

And same question, but with a Prosperity Rune for enhanced effect as well.
ReikenGaryu

Post by ReikenGaryu »

That depends on how big your party is. If it's just Tir, you can get him up to level 99 in no time at all... What works best is to keep characters at a relatively low level until the end of the game, with the exception of two or three strong ones, and then go find a group of six Gregminster guards at the end of the game... Kill them off, and watch the levels fly.

What I mean to say is... It all depends on how you do it. I managed to get my regular party to Level 99 and all the others to about 70 without really doing any extensive training.
punishment_chan

Post by punishment_chan »

What level were your party in the begining when you have to fight Queen Ant (when Soul Eater was used for the first time)?
I want to re-play Suiko1 and I wonder is it possible to beat this thing for example in 1 round? Is there any possibility to prevent usage of Soul Eater when your level is high enough?
Well, I've never tried to level up that much... so I'm asking...
Sazar

when i was young

Post by Sazar »

When I first got this game many years ago, i played it non-stop for a couple of years basically (its pathetic, i know, i was about 10 or so)
I managed to get to lvl 74-76 without any codes and with 6 members in my party at all times...

But what would be smart is to get as high as you can and then recruit Fu Su Lu or someone similar
Because he is always 5 lvls or so higher than Tir is, that will save you some trouble I'm sure
ReikenGaryu

Post by ReikenGaryu »

punishment_chan wrote:What level were your party in the begining when you have to fight Queen Ant (when Soul Eater was used for the first time)?
I want to re-play Suiko1 and I wonder is it possible to beat this thing for example in 1 round? Is there any possibility to prevent usage of Soul Eater when your level is high enough?
Well, I've never tried to level up that much... so I'm asking...
I actually tested this with a cheat that gave my entire party Lvl 99, all of them dealing about 300 to 500 damage in each blow... The ant queen refused to die, and Ted already activated the Soul Eater after one turn of combat.
Adaon

Post by Adaon »

The best way to do it would probably be using a turbo controller and going to the forest maze early. Turbo left+x will build up the exp without you even having to sit there and watch it, probably pretty easy to do level 99 that way.
punishment_chan

Post by punishment_chan »

Thanks ReikenGaryu... it's good to know.
Some time ago I saw someone telling that kind of thing is possible on his homepage. It was something about defeating this ant without SoulEater and then to fight Liberation Army alongside with Barbarossa... it wasn't very convincing but I sure got curious :twisted:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Adaon wrote:The best way to do it would probably be using a turbo controller and going to the forest maze early. Turbo left+x will build up the exp without you even having to sit there and watch it, probably pretty easy to do level 99 that way.
i think you mean holding RIGHT, not left.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Maybe he was trying to fool me, the dastardly rouge.

Anyway, I've got my characters maxed out now, and, yes, the Queen Ant is unbeatable at any level.

So, you can lock this if you want.
Viki

Post by Viki »

punishment_chan wrote:
I want to re-play Suiko1 and I wonder is it possible to beat this thing for example in 1 round? Is there

You can't kill her even with cheats this is because Ted has to show the power of his Rune to Kraze's Disciple emm i forgot what's his name so that he would report it to Kraze and Kraze would tell Windy. If we had the chance to kill the Queen ant Kraze's servant wou'dn't have found out and he wouldn't have reported it to Kraze and so and so fort.
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?
Adaon

Post by Adaon »

KFCrispy wrote: i think you mean holding RIGHT, not left.
errr uh, yeah, sorry about that.
AlphaSigmaOne

Re: when i was young

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Sazar wrote:When I first got this game many years ago, i played it non-stop for a couple of years basically (its pathetic, i know, i was about 10 or so)
I managed to get to lvl 74-76 without any codes and with 6 members in my party at all times...

But what would be smart is to get as high as you can and then recruit Fu Su Lu or someone similar
Because he is always 5 lvls or so higher than Tir is, that will save you some trouble I'm sure
Jeeze! Did you import that data to Suiko II? I'm curious to know what some peep's levels were? :shock:
Uh Oh
TheAncientMariner666

Re: when i was young

Post by TheAncientMariner666 »

Sazar wrote:When I first got this game many years ago, i played it non-stop for a couple of years basically (its pathetic, i know, i was about 10 or so)

I have managed to get Tir, Flik, Viktor, Clive, Luc, and Pesmerga to level 99 without cheats. Now I am working on Sheena(87), Valeria(89), and Meg(76)