Grahm Cray and the Great Tree

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

1 problem with that theory, when cray cut it left hand of the ROP went to his son btw so it wasnt cray, and cray got it after the ROP was taken away from where it was hidden
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Well, we have to remember that there a hell of a lot of gaps in our known list of users.

I don't see why the rune being placed in Obel has to be the first on the list.
Or why Graham Cray couldn't have wandered there for some reason and severed his arm in there.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Not to mention it seems rather weird than soon after cutting off his arm to get rid of the Rune he would want it back. I also want to know what makes you think his son couldn't have got it before Cray.

The known users so far seems to be:
Queen of Obel, Brandeau, Edgar, Cray, Cray's son, Rakgi's father and Glen and the Hero.
We have no real knowledge of knowing how the rune went around. The Queen of Obel used it against pirates but I doubt it passed on to Edgar in there (I doubt Kika and Edgar would have attacked Obel anyway). It's obvious Edgar passed it on to Brandeau which would probably put Rakgi's father passing it on to Edgar. We don't know where the rune was on most occasions though. The story fails to fill the voids.
Hmm...
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

With just 5 minutes of character-building scenes, they could have given us all the explanation we need about Cray's desires and feelings.
Lionel

Post by Lionel »

Hmm....The Giant Tree could be linked to the giant rune cannon cause rune cannons have elemental ammunitions don't they? What i'm thinking is that the rune cannon was so powerful because of the Giant Tree...Don't you think that its elemental or what you call magic powers are powerful?
I THINK!

And Blue Sasarai...Well.. I THINK Ok? I THINK...By the time the Hero4 reaches the Giant Tree...The Giant Tree was then activated and couldn't recharge anymore as it was made active and couldn't focus(or something like that...)and it should be less than 2 hrs...I think that was the main storyline..
And Again...I THINK!
I hope you guys don't mind the ...'s ....oops...oopsies...oooooopsieeeeessss

I Am The Friend Of Caesar Silverberg...Lionel Carlsberg

That Cray bombed up my Town!!!! DANG IT!!!Luckily i kicked his butt...
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Yuber wrote:1 problem with that theory, when cray cut it left hand of the ROP went to his son btw so it wasnt cray, and cray got it after the ROP was taken away from where it was hidden
Can still be his, He maybe tried to leave the rune there or something or just someone else tried to do something wacky with his arm.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I figured that the Giant Tree was hibernating in the tower. Cray must know of a way to control it. It's roots extend throughout the tower and to the rune cannon controls. The Giant tree might have been the entity that was mentioned in the opening of Rhapsodia, the one that Warlock was meant to have summoned.

If the giant tree lights up fully then it will use a kind of rune cannon attack which can wipe our your whole party if you are not careful.

I believe that the reson Fort El-Eal was destroyed was because Elenor sabotaged the rune cannon controls causing it to implode or something.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

believe that the reson Fort El-Eal was destroyed was because Elenor sabotaged the rune cannon controls causing it to implode or something
Well I dunno about that. I mean Elenor took a party of her own to destory the rune cannon before Hero4 and his party confronted the Great Tree. So I think destroying the Tree caused the collapse of El-Eal.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

She definitely sabotaged the Rune Cannon. Destroying the Tree only blew open the roof of the castle. There's the Elenor-Cray scene after the Tree gets killed.

I would agree that the sabatoged rune cannon brought the complete destruction at Fort-El. Just look at the blast radius! It reached Hero4's ships. Hero4 had to use the RoP to cancel out the blast from Fort El-Eal.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Opale

Post by Opale »

ndcbaxter wrote:Cray could have wanted the ROP back because it took his son...
I agree with you, because Cray says something about living with the memory of the rune... and he seems really happy to learn that the hero has heard the child speaking of bread.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Happy in a cynical way cause he unleashes the final battle right after.

Maybe Cray wanted to use the RoP to see/experience the memories of his son again, not for taking over the island nations.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Pendergast

Post by Pendergast »

This is wildy off-topic, and for that I apologize.

Is Suikoden IV worth buying? Is it a good game?
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Pendergast wrote:This is wildy off-topic, and for that I apologize.

Is Suikoden IV worth buying? Is it a good game?
Yes, quite off-topic...

In my opinion, Suikoden IV was a good game. I say you buy it, especially if you liked the previous 3 Suikodens.
killey

Post by killey »

The Great Tree and the rune cannon being connected seems correct as Suikoden Tactics' main character is trying to find out about rune cannons (I think)