Translation Accuracy

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
thcrock
Global Admin

Translation Accuracy

Post by thcrock »

My only comment on this so far, is that the rare finds are now called 'Bargain Items'. Other things seem to be accurate.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Blinking Mirror = Glowing Hand Mirror

*Sigh* . . . Bring on the torches and pitchforks.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Glowing Hand Mirror
Konami definatly has something against their previous installments >_> Does she have a Blinking Rune or a Glowing Hand Rune btw? You'd think they'd get it wrong in both places at least...
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Perhaps they call it the Glowing Hand Mirror so people won't think its the same thing as the Blinking Mirror.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

But the problem is that It's SUPPOSED to be the same thing. The japanese version translates it to Blinking Mirror.. Oddly enough, she still has the blinking rune.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it is the same Blinking Mirror. the one in the older games was a hand mirror, and you you return via large mirror. same as this game.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Then there's 'Bargain Items'

I don't know if they REALLY did change the name to it, but it doesn't make sense.

Those are pretty rare items... >_<
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Those " Bargain " Items are far from being a Bargain.
glomobius

Post by glomobius »

I hate that when you release weak enemies in random encounters the displayed message is "It Released".

Also, in the comment box, I've received a grammatically *painful* poem from one of the mermaids.

Seriously, who edited this stuff?
Kagematsuri

Post by Kagematsuri »

Everyones favorite screw up, "True Holy Rune," is also back. Check out Cedric's comments in the box.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

glomobius wrote:I hate that when you release weak enemies in random encounters the displayed message is "It Released".

Also, in the comment box, I've received a grammatically *painful* poem from one of the mermaids.

I think the mermaids are supposed to have bad grammar...so it's not so much a mistake.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Chaos_Zero wrote:
glomobius wrote:I hate that when you release weak enemies in random encounters the displayed message is "It Released".

I think the mermaids are supposed to have bad grammar...so it's not so much a mistake.
Specially the younger ones like Lilin.

They intentionally speak bad.

" The cat is being attacked by the master, I hate the master, You save the cat by defeating the thing that I hate "
Fi

Post by Fi »

Yeah, they're not very...literate either.

"Werds hard"
layleijecht

Post by layleijecht »

I think the mermaids are supposed to be like that. They live in the ocean, writing must be pretty new to them.
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

YeY For me Possibly!! If the True Holy Rune is Back, then there's a possibility that The Evil-Purifying Rune can really be found without a codebreaker! Yippie!! But.....I've gotten like three comments from cedric...I don't think any of them say anything about runes.....BUT! I am running off to check....<.<...So Ta ta []Poof[]