[Codes] A little tip for missable farmers, how to farm Celadon/Octopus urns later

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
dap

[Codes] A little tip for missable farmers, how to farm Celadon/Octopus urns later

Post by dap »

Context : in most RPG some items or other assets are missable during a run, and Suikoden is no exception. there are some very early missable such as the octopus and celadon urns that have a very low drop chance (less than 1%). It takes usually hours to get just one celadon urn, furthermore you may have to farm up to 6 of those celadon urns and 8? octopus urns if you want to have as many as you can use.

I love missable challenges in RPG but this one was too much for me. mostly because of the very limited inventory at the beginning. You'd have to sacrifice most of your gears and items in order to just hold those urns until you can store them in your base wasehouse later in the game.

For me this is a developer mistake that needs to be fixed, so here is a gameshark code that can let you to farm those urns after you got your base and warehouse.

8017BD74 00000820

Activate it in Kwaba

And this will teleport you behind the guard.

You can then go back to the first continent and do your farming, and when done you can go back through Kwaba to your base without any extra code. I tested it after I got the Mirror that teleports you back to the base so the BonBon will remain available as a random encounter at least up to that point.

Don't feel bad for using this cheat, because it doesn't give you any unfair advantage, it just fixed a very optional challenge that the devs didn't care about.