Power Glove Zombies in Tinto Mine

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Power Glove Zombies in Tinto Mine

Post by wataru14 »

The bestiary lists two different sets of bald zombies in Tinto Mine. A Level 42 version that just drops the standard junky antiques, and a Level 43 version that has Power Gloves to drop in Slot 2. The problem is they are identical in appearance and if you want to try to farm Power Gloves, there's no way of knowing which is which.

So, using an "Enemies Always Drop Slot 2" code, I decided to find out. Zombies appear in the following battle formations:

Zombie x6
Zombie x5
Zombie x3, Unicombie x1
Zombie x3, Neclordia x1
Zombie x3, Neclordia x2

The only formation that did NOT drop Power Gloves was Neclordia x1. So that formation has the Level 42 version for certain. Now, that doesn't mean that every bald Zombie in the other formations was the Power Gloves version, only that at least one was. Since the Level 42 version has no item in Slot 2 to drop, the code would skip them. You'll get the gloves long as any of the Zombies in the formation are the right one.

I was going to try to Blink some away so I can check each one in the formation for drops individually, but it appears Zombies are immune (or at least resistant to) Blinking, so they didn't teleport. The Hunter Rune won't help much, either, since the Level 43 version can also drop antiques from Slot 1. Unless the code also affects Hunting there's no way to be sure any particular Zombie ISN'T Level 43. Only that it is when you do get the drop.

If anyone can check the game code, maybe comparing the enemy data to the Neclordia x1 version can tell us for sure which Zombie is which?