Thoughts on EC: Rising

Discussions for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising specifically
JuveLeo

Thoughts on EC: Rising

Post by JuveLeo »

I know expectations weren't high for this companion game, but I enjoyed it. Yes the animations were on the rough side and quests were quite repetitive, but i thought gameplay was good and backgrounds/scenery were beautiful. Completing the game has gotten me extremely excited for what's to come with Hundred Heroes next year. Can't wait!

What are your thoughts everyone?
Eroschilles

Re: Thoughts on EC: Rising

Post by Eroschilles »

I was into the graphics, gave me a feeling of updated nostaglia if that makes any sense. I am hoping for a bit more plot and character depth when Hundred Heroes comes out.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

nevermind, wrong thread
Last edited by Neclord X on Wed May 01, 2024 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Nexlord X: wrong game.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Neclord X wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:13 am Like you fought ONE battle, one, and you weren''t even on charge, you get a castle and everyone and their mother talks about your army, the resistance, and the war.
What resistance? what army? You didn't fight a single battle as "the resistance" you didn't even complete a single mission, drove away any attack or take any objective or achieve anything. All you did is scorting a magical tree back to its village and have a fight with some villains in a secluded ruins.
This is an interesting point and makes me think.
In Suikoden 2, it really took a while before we got our HQ, and it was basically hell until we got there (of even after we got it).
We're almost slaughtered by our own military in the Unicorn Brigade camp, then in the Mercenary Fortress we are under intense pressure to barely survive, and even then we lose everything "again" and escape to Muse... only to lose everything again and escape with our lives to Southwindow, where we are again faced with the Highland Army... and by the time we are literally pushed against a cliff at Northwindow castle, the tide turns. That type of build-up certainly brings an amazing emotional rush because the story-telling in Suikoden 2 made you suffer so much.

It is definitely a difference in Eiyuden, and partly it may be possible to explain as a scheme by Perrielle to make sure she is not made into the leader, but even in that case it would have been nice to make us work a bit more before leadership fell onto our laps.

However, overall I am enjoying the game very much and haven't been able to get myself off of it for a few days. It is an amazing experience.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:16 am @Nexlord X: wrong game.
DOH!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Rising was surprisingly fun to play.

I had low expectations as I started, and the initial feeling I had was "my actions are so limited."
The combat seemed super simple. Basically you can only jump and attack.

However, as I got the other chracters the complexity of the combat become enjoyable.
In addition, once you improve your equipment you get additional actions, which really made things interesting for me.
Basically you can really turn yourself into a perpetually-attacking god / goddess of death & destruction if you do things right.
That aspect was quite fun to be honest.

The game was also devoid of bugs (that I can notice) and was a quality product.

It also adds a good amount of lore to the overall world.