[FAQ] Chiepoo vs X & Co Guild Quests

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[FAQ] Chiepoo vs X & Co Guild Quests

Post by KFCrispy »

I'm doing some research into the relationship between Chiepoo and X & Co's guild quests. I will post my findings here..

A. What will decrease Chiepoo's shop "level"?
You actually only need to complete 1 quest, "X & Co's Revenge", to drop Chiepoo from his top status to absolute dirt status.
However, completing other X & Co quests will also reduce Chiepoo's shop level, but I believe the Revenge quest is the only one that will drop him to the lowest.
I think there's a proper time to do this in order to acquire a rare Hunter's Orb, Champion's Orb, and Silence Orb, which only the poorest Chiepoo shop level will sell. After completing the Small Border Village battle, the Small Border Village will offer pretty much everything Chiepoo's best shop had except for Platinum Mail and Platinum Gauntlets. These items are sold in Graska, which you gain access to after the first battle in the Imperial City of Graska.

B. How to unlock the "Savage Sprout Attack" quest:
  1. Successfully complete the dispatch quest "Retrieve Our Stolen Cargo" (dispatched character needs an ATK of at least 80)
  2. Then complete "Savage Sprout Seeds Wanted" (hand in 1 Savage Sprout Seed)
  3. "Product Recall" will appear. Purposely fail "Product Recall" by assigning any character except Kate or a Nay-Kobold
  4. Once Product Recall's failure result is reported, the "Savage Sprout Attack" quest will appear.
The Savage Sprout Attack quest is a battle in the Backstreets of Razril, which gives you a rare opportunity to go for the S Rank reward (Razril Knight Token) if you haven't already gotten it.
srd_27

Re: [FAQ] Chiepoo vs X & Co Guild Quests

Post by srd_27 »

I've tested the exact requirements to unlock the Mercenary recruitment quests. The information posted on other guides are generally correct, where you'll need to boost Chiepoo's shop level and to complete Obel Ruins level 5 once.

D-rank: Give Us a Sign
- No unlock requirements

C-rank: Blue Savage Sprout Flower Wanted
- Reached Chapter 15 (after beating Terena Plains story battle)
- Chiepoo's shop level doesn't matter

B-rank: Representative Wanted
- Require second Chiepoo's shop level

A-rank: Rage Dragon Egg Wanted
- Require Obel 5 completed once (poison water level)
- Require final Chiepoo's shop level

S-rank: A Letter of Challenge
- Chiepoo's shop level doesn't matter

Representative Wanted & Rage Dragon Egg Wanted could be permanently missable. Because if you did too many X & Co's quests before unlocking these missions, you might not have enough Chiepoo's quests left to restore his reputation.

However, the final A Letter of Challenge quest doesn't care about Chiepoo's shop level. Once you've already unlocked Rage Dragon Egg Wanted, feel free to destroy Chiepoo's shop level, and the final mercenary quest will still be unlocked after beating the Rage Dragon Egg quest.

Also here's some extra info:
- Help Us Expand quest is only unlocked after reaching second Chiepoo's shop level
- Only The Best (5x Prime Gold Ores) quest and X & Co's Revenge quest are only unlocked after reaching final Chiepoo's shop level
- Katarina/Keneth's requirement has nothing to do with the Mercenaries quest. So you can recruit the Mercenaries first, and have them fighting their clones in El-Eal :D