Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronicle

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
JoopStroop

Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronicle

Post by JoopStroop »

https://jp.ign.com/games/45523/news/jrp ... tZ7u0dz1Kw

It just came out in Japanese but wanted to share this with you before I'll read more on it. There's some visual material that will be self-explanatory.

The company is called Rabbit & Bear Studios, and they'll be doing a Kickstarter soon. Time to mobilize?
Neclord X

Re: Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronic

Post by Neclord X »

Came here to post this. Certainly is not the same, but something is something.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/suikode ... tch-and-pc
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronic

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'll be supporting it but the console versions as a stretch goal bothers me as I don't really want it on PC. Looks to be getting good traction though so hopefully that goal be met but it will influence what I give. Interested to see how far the stretch goal is and what tiers will be available on Monday.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oleander

Post by Oleander »

I'm very pleased with this announcement! I had been holding out hope, with the regular teases from Murayama, that this might be a licensed Suikoden title, but alas, it's not to be. Fortunately, insofar as a Kickstarter announcement goes, this looks quite realised and confident and focused. I'll be cashing in on it on Monday, no doubt.

Murayama posted on his Facebook page that he knew that some would be disappointed that it's not a Suikoden title, but interestingly, he showed an interest in making another Suikoden if the circumstances allow in the future. Of course, it's not in his power in the meantime, but this is, and looking at the little details already revealed about numerous characters, and the striking screenshots, I can't help but see this as a very promising RPG from the start, even if I am woefully biased by my connection to its father series.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm happy about the PC version. I have stopped buying consoles in the PS3 era. I'll back it at a very high tier I would imagine.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

This is awesome news. Obviously it's not a new Suikoden, but having most of the core members back gets me excited. I'll be backing this. I just wish it hit consoles as well.
toji

Post by toji »

Funny parallel between Yoshitaka Murayama and Kaga Shouzou.

Kaga Shouzou was the former creator of the fire emblem series. Having a strong disagreement with Nintendo during the N64 era (maybe it was an issue about going 3D for the next to be cancelled FE64, reminds me on some stories about suikoden 3 development), he left the company to create his own studio which gave birth to the excellent Tear Ring Saga on ps1 and Berwick Saga on ps2.

Now these games have a special place in most hardcore FE fans' hearts. (included in wikis, translated by fans etc.) Pretty sure it will be the same for Eiyuden Chronicle game(s).

Let's just hope the relationship gets better Murayama and Konami than it did between Kaga and Nintendo. (Nintendo accused Kaga of plagiarism and notably forced Kaga to change the ps1 game name from Emblem Saga to Tear ring saga). And since, Kaga has been an outcast in the video game industry.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm really excited for this. It already looks awesome and the premise sounds promising. This is the most Suikoden-thing we will get for a long time.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Haven't been this excited for a JRPG game for a long time. You can definitely see the similarity from the artwork straightaway; one of the promotional pic of the town has that Kuskus Town vibe.
bismuth

Post by bismuth »

Latest from Murayama re: start time (https://twitter.com/BmsMurayama/status/ ... 48512?s=20)

"Again, apologies for mentioning this right before we start. The Kickstarter will begin from approximately 1pm on 28 June, Japan time. Those who are excited to pledge, please hold on a little longer..."

That translates to 28/07/2020 04:00 UTC, for anyone who wants to convert and find out when they can take a look at the KS!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It's doing very well. Even crashed Kickstarter for a little bit there.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Took 2 hours to reach the initial goal, time which includes a 30 something minute server crash. Pretty good.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oleander

Post by Oleander »

Managed to hit $1,000,000 funded in seven hours, so we're getting console versions. They also added a cook-off minigame stretch goal at $1,250,000 raised, which indicates that they know our fandom very well.
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

Only a few more hours left in the day, but it looks like they're going to hit all their stretch goals within the first 24 hours. Truly amazing. Now comes the difficult task of waiting the next couple years to get the physical copy I pledged for into my hot little hands.

I hope some executive from Konami is watching all of this transpire.