Sarady: fortune rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Giammy91

Sarady: fortune rune

Post by Giammy91 »

how fairies to acquire the fortune rune to Sarady?
I always say of escape but in times I do not succeed to us and the monster kills to me!
I have tried many times but they have arrived only close to the inn of Ledon, where have killed to me... :evil:
I must use a gameshark? :( (I would not use it however, I do not appreciate them)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

No, what you should do is try killing a very weak monster around Gregminster. Once you are able to kill one, your level will rise. Repeat this enough and you would be able to go through Mt. Tigerwolf with no problem--and you'll probably get to around level 12 by the time you get the fortune rune.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

If you can, buy the best equipment and/or forge your weapon at Lenankamp. If you want money, you can sell your initial equipment and try your luck at Marco. 10,000p is more than enough.

As for the enemies, try fighting the Bon Bons. I think they're the weakest.
Leones

Post by Leones »

Don't bother grabbing Ted, go to Lenenkamp and sharpen your weapon, buy brass armour..THEN SAVE YOUR GAME!! Try and find 3 bonbons to fight...anything else will wipe you out. Defeating the Bonbons will boost you to Level 9...however, if you mange to defeat a Red Soldier Ant, you will get to Level 11...then Mt Tigerwolf is easy
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

why bother with the Fortune Rune, Prosperity is far more useful and i think you need Ted to get it--2 ppl in the party is stronger than 1, so it's also easier to get there... but up to you. it's easy to just save back in Gregminster every time you successfully fight a BonBon and level enough. that will give you the safest results..
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Bah, I like Fortune better. You can just use Marco and later Gaspar for easy money in Suikoden I. I think thats why they made Fortune harder to get....they realized how easy money was to get anyway.

Post by Guest »

I prefer the Prosperityrune because there is only one of those runes in the game, I always like to have at least one of every type of rare rune. You can buy the Fortune Rune later on in the game, it is true that getting the Fortune Rune early in the game will help out with the battles a lot.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's more than one Prosperity Rune in Suikoden 1 as well.

Quote from Suikosource:

Kalekka Area:
Enemy | Dropped | Bits
Dagon | Water Rune Dragon Armor | 1,100
Grizzly Bear | Head Gear | 1,200
Siren | Prosperity Rune | 2,000
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I thought siren drop flowing rune?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Those are the Sirens in Shazarazade.

These are the Sirens in the Kalekka area.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you want them to drop a Prosperity Rune, be prepared for another episode of running around for possibly days, bashing enemies, and getting nothing of interest.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, but notice the possibly in KFC's post.

I personally got my Prosperity Rune from just going from one place to another, and not with the intention of getting a Prosperity Rune.
Ayemelek
Elite Member

Post by Ayemelek »

Well, neither rune is essential and both are available en masse later on, but Fortune is more useful, in my opinion. As was stated, you have Marco and then Gaspar, so you really never have a need to waste a rune slot on getting extra Bits. 2 minutes with Gaspar is a lot simpler than 10-20 minutes fighting random battles.

Either way, you can use the above methods to get stronger or just make a run for Rockland, where you can get rich exploiting Marco (hence his inclusion in reasons why not to get Prosperity) and then Bribe your way across Mt. Tigerwolf. Making it to Sarady and back at your initial level also enables you to equip the Fortune Rune upon return, head out to fight a simple enemy, and get a nice level jump when you defeat it.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

I'm not sure where I read this, but it works.
On your way to Sarady to receive the Fortune rune go to Rockland, Play Marco's game until you get about 150-200thousand potch (there is a whole pattern, like right middle right), bribe your way through Mt. Tigerwolf (still at level one) equip fortune rune, sharpen your weapon in Lenankamp, get best armor possible for right now, then find a fight of six mosquitos (have one or two packs of medicine-you'll need them) and kill them all, you will instantly be at level 20. :twisted:
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:I'm not sure where I read this, but it works.
On your way to Sarady to receive the Fortune rune go to Rockland, Play Marco's game until you get about 150-200thousand potch (there is a whole pattern, like right middle right), bribe your way through Mt. Tigerwolf (still at level one) equip fortune rune, sharpen your weapon in Lenankamp, get best armor possible for right now, then find a fight of six mosquitos (have one or two packs of medicine-you'll need them) and kill them all, you will instantly be at level 20. :twisted:
If you use that much time, you can get over level 20 by just going through the game. It'll be more fun, too.