You don't need Feather to recruit Ayda

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: You don't need Feather to recruit Ayda

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Antimatisz, I think you deserve the Suikoden Exegetes Prize of the year! :D
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote:Out of topic but well, that's what you get to name your hero....

http://i.imgur.com/CgBgadb.png
http://i.imgur.com/lIbyO7u.jpg
What???? Is there a secret like this???? :o

Damn it....how many secrets this game have? A single lifetime isn't enough to discover them all :|

I didn't except that....also if you bring Kasumi along when you'll recruit Tir and have Gremio alive you'll get an extra dialogue....has anyone have any video with this?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Added the special scene for choosing the identical name for both heroes to the secrets page.

Aside from that, please stay on topic here.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

some people actually didn't know about the same name thing in Suikoden 2? Ha! Fools. :twisted:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:some people actually didn't know about the same name thing in Suikoden 2? Ha! Fools. :twisted:
Never imagined that....will something else happen if you name Riou as "Gremio"? :?:
BrucePrintscreen

Just try to name riou as "Luca" :P

I remember when i was youger I started a game of FFVII naming characters with names such as "fatass" and "idiot". Many lines sounded very different. Dramatic pleas such as "Hurry, Barrett, we need you!" became angry orders like "Hurry, fatass, we need you!"
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think the next thing to try (if anyone hasn't done it already) is with the entry to Greenhill when you choose fake names for Riou and Nanami.
  • Give your hero the name he already has and see if anything happens.
    Give Nanami the name Nanami and see if anything happens.
    Name your hero Nanami?
    Call one of them Flik or Fitcher, or use any other major character name like Viktor, Shu, Pillika, Luca or Odessa?
I think I might have named Nanami "Beth" once as per her wishes, can't remember how she responds.
BrucePrintscreen

The very first time I played Suikoden I decided to name the castle "Odessa Castle", it seemed to me as the very logical choice to pay tribute to the dead leader and make her exist further in the story. I was quite disappointed to have no special line of dialogue. But the name sounded so natural to me that I keep on referring to it as "Odessa Castle" all the time.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I think the next thing to try (if anyone hasn't done it already) is with the entry to Greenhill when you choose fake names for Riou and Nanami.
  • Give your hero the name he already has and see if anything happens.
    Give Nanami the name Nanami and see if anything happens.
    Name your hero Nanami?
    Call one of them Flik or Fitcher, or use any other major character name like Viktor, Shu, Pillika, Luca or Odessa?
I think I might have named Nanami "Beth" once as per her wishes, can't remember how she responds.

SHe says that she like it,simply.

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Just try to name riou as "Luca" :P

I remember when i was youger I started a game of FFVII naming characters with names such as "fatass" and "idiot". Many lines sounded very different. Dramatic pleas such as "Hurry, Barrett, we need you!" became angry orders like "Hurry, fatass, we need you!"

Tried that by naming him Luca...nothing happened at all
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Is there evidence in official sources or in the programming script which proves that Rulodia is not meant to be a SOD? It's still hard for me to believe that Konami put work into creating a character to prevent the player from seeing the best ending. Maybe it's another bug, for example, that Rulodia being marked as a recruited SOD can only be triggered by recruiting Ayda (without Feather of course). It would be worth a try (unfortunately I don't have a save close to that point).
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

She's not tallied, and no attempt is made to place her on the Tablet in somebody's stead. Neither case appears to be a bug, as there's no indication that Konami attempted code for either task. She's also in the character array beyond the combatant Stars with the non-Star combatants like Makumaku and McDohl. That's as close to definitive as I can get.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in my opinion it was a mix-up between the designers/writers and the developers due to such a complex idea (swappable stars). the structure of the game makes it seem like you should be able to fill all the stars by doing the octopi path or the beasts path, but there was likely a misconception when developers were coding in Rulodia's recruitment information assuming she was yet another extra non-star that is accessible any time.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

^ But I think it wasn't that confusing. Of course, that is, if they didn't do a test run of the different paths possible (which requires alot of time). Maybe they got confused with the color swap, much like Mukumuku and his brethren. They thought Rulodia was some unimportant, tentacle-clad creature.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The fact that Ayda can be recruited without Feather puts a hamper on the Octopi Stars theory anyway, as it was assumed Chuchara would take her place. With this new revelation Chuchara becomes surplous as a potential star if you get Ayda, Abizboah and Rulodia.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:The fact that Ayda can be recruited without Feather puts a hamper on the Octopi Stars theory anyway, as it was assumed Chuchara would take her place. With this new revelation Chuchara becomes surplous as a potential star if you get Ayda, Abizboah and Rulodia.
Your realization had somehow got me confused. Do you think being able to recruit Ayda without Feather was overlooked? Considering there wasn't any publications that mention it. If that's true, then the Octopi Stars theory can still hold true but there's no way to verify or what.