Top 10 damage dealers

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Punkaiser

Top 10 damage dealers

Post by Punkaiser »

Guys, i've just made a list of top 10 single damage dealers in S3

Top ten damage dealers in Suikoden 3

I admit that i was troubled to rate Emily due to her critical performance, as well as Rhett with his inconsistent damage, by the way there was a surprise that Joker/Ruby could outdamage Ayame.

All these performances are w/o any stats stone. With stats stone trick, some characters like Joker, Ruby would do much better while Ayame, Watari and Augustine are already at their limit.

Some extra infos on characters set up:
- Ayame: 4 swings
- Joker: ninja gear and wind hat are needed to get him enough speed for 5 swings
- Ruby: get to level 73 with fortune rune trick in sarah battle(ceremonial site)=> 5 swings
- Watari: 5 swings
- Augustine: appointed with damage+1 title
- Rhett: 4 swings, huge damage but unreliable
- Nei: 6 swings
- Shabon: 7 swings
eldrasidar

Re: Top 10 damage dealers

Post by eldrasidar »

surprised not to see Yuiri or Juan. Yuiri has only 2-3 hits, but nearly always criticals so with double strike and fury equipped, she should be able to hit over 3000 regularly. You have to get Yuan to wake up, but with double strike equipped, he should do substantially more damage than Joker, since he already is substantially better skill wise with high heavy damage and continual attack.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I thought about them and for my personal favorite, i like yuiri a lot.
However, characters with critical skill really give me a headache to rate. Let them attack for 10 times, i averaged their score to :
-Yuiri : 2800 ( even though i appointed her swing+1 title and boosted her speed to 190, she just couldn't have the 3rd swing)
-Juan: 3200 ( with the swing+1 title, he reaches 7 swings but usually loose 2 on the run toward enemy) . Much likely he can occupy #11 in the list and the fact being a melee character who can't target covered enemies made me giving him a minus point. Continual attack is useless againts 1 enemy/boss battle , i may count it if this was about ranking character usefulness.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I can understand that of course, if consistency is an issue, then they probably should rate lower. Maybe honorable mentions though(obviously not suggesting you redo the youtube video)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Punkaiser wrote:- Ruby: get to level 73 with fortune rune trick in sarah battle(ceremonial site)=> 5 swings
what level is Ruby using for the start of the Sarah battle? 53?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

yeah,anyone at lv53 will reach 73 after that,if they were 55 then would become 67, i havent tested with lv54 or neither with 2 members nor solo. This playthrough i screw up abit so hes lacking 1 level
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wait so you took a full party and still got that much of a level boost?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

No, that was a party of 3 (FC + Ruby + someone that i dont remember) There was once i won againts Yuber with just Hugo and Fubar but at that time i didnt have fortune rune on them and made me notice of the huge amt of exp so i found this trick at that moment, but kinda hard to win with a party of two so i'm satisfied with 53->73 with a party of 3.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thx i will try to test 2 characters in the future. Hugo mounted on Fubar should be an easy win, and another strategy is using a super tank with Firefly Rune like Twaikin.. soloing might be too hard.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

good luck with the task, normally i could care less between lv67 and lv73 character but as you can see how beasts like ruby get so strong at high lv, so i was desperated to pump him up.
lucftw87

Post by lucftw87 »

Did you try boosting them up with chant of madness from nei, and jaun comes with bujitsu teacher skill which raises everyones attack speed and power when hes in the battle with them. I heard that the trio Nei, Juan, and Emily is killer because they can do up to 6,000-8,000 a turn. (Emily, and Jaun). It was in one of the guides I read so I don't know the stats. Just thought I'd let you know since you were playing around with people.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

With Nei's song of madness, not just Emily and Juan would get benefit, but you can count on everyone as well, overall nothing change. But i never felt the urge to abuse it, jongleur rune seems to be out of place, i don't think we will ever see that rune in any other suikoden.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

Am I missing something as to why you have Nei and Shabon with their C capped armor protect instead of their much higher repel? Does repel skill start to suffer extremely diminishing returns once the character is high level and has a high repel stat?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Ah good question, because before this demonstration i used Shabon and Nei in attacker way which mean dbl strike/fury/warrior
with warrior equipped their repels drop to half and low enough to literrally become useless to dodge enemies attacks so i use armor protect instead...btw, don't sweat too much on defence if you go in kamikaze build, most likely battles will just end before enemies turn.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

OOO I thought warrior was defense. So warrior and double-strike really would be kamikaze since you can't dodge or survive a hit.