It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Agreed. Although I'm thinking Konami has delayed the release of Suikoden II on PSN due to this new Suikoden game. It would make sense for them to release it on the run up to this new game, they did that with Suikoden I and Teirkries. If that its the case, then that hints at this new game getting an English release. Its hard to say anything concrete at this moment though. Regardless, we should still be pushing for worldwide releases of Suikoden I and II on PSN.

And yeah! I've said that since Suikoden IV came out. A Succession Wars Suikoden would be ideal. And after SV came out, it made even more sense to do so. It would link up the two different timelines perfectly and we would get soooo many returning characters and familiar references. This surely would bring back Suikodens old follwing as well as appealing to new fans. Its a no brainer really. Do it Konami!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I think the games should have been re-released a lot sooner, like how it was released on the PSP but never shipped outside of Japan

The Succession War is indeed a no-brainer. The events that prelude Suikoden I have enough information to portray this in a game. There's enough important events to place in the game and, you know, there's characters that join you in Suikoden I that you fight against in the Succession War, such as, I believe, Kreuz. Didn't Humphrey take part in this as well? I can't remember if the Kalekka incident also happened during the succession war, but yeah, I'd like to see that story happen.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

You are right, technicaly. But that is the state of the games market im at the moment, I'm afraid. Konami aren't going to risk shipping some of their items outside of Japan to places where those items traditionaly don't sell well along with the low interest for JRPGs outside of Japan also at the moment. Add all that to the current economical climate and it becomes apparant that Suikoden, nay, even Konami itself it not completely to blame. It is rather unfortuante but thats the way it is.

Yeah, it would be so awesome. Theres looooads of characters that could return. Even less remembered ones, like Kun To. Didnt he and Tai Ho do a little smuggling during the Succession Wars, or something? We could also see things like the duel between Teo and Pahn. And yes, the Kalekka incident was during that time as well. (salivates) so much to see! ^.^
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

Speaking of Suikoden I and II for the PSP, it came out close to the start of the PSP's cycle and went under the radar of most Japanese gamers. I've always wondered if it ever sold any better when the PSP really took off (ie, post-Monster Hunter). The resurgence could be one of the reasons Konami have "Sacrificial Jizo'd" Suikoden and for the PSP.

As for the market outside of Japan, JRPGs hit a rough patch in the west for a time but I've heard they are making something of a (small) comeback.

The Succession Wars would be fantastic and it's rife for the exploiting. Indeed it could be the perfect introduction for newer players to Suikoverse and exactly the kind of fan-service that the longer time players have been craving.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Nanami_chan

Post by Nanami_chan »

Hmm, Im afraid this time I have to disagree with you, guys! I mean, as long as it will be so cool to see Suikoden I characters again, this time much younger, and as long as I know how great is the story of war succesion, I would rather it taking place after Suikoden III. Even if we cant see most of characters and only sons or even grandsons XD I wouldnt mind very much, but I want something really new this time (something we dont know still I mean). I remember after they released Suikoden III a wanted a Suikoden placed between 2 and 3 (even before Konami starts making 'prequels'). After Suikoden IV I still though it, but when I played Suikoden V I wanted the story to continue with its natural timeline. Maybe its silly but I just want to know what happens now! hahaha

But well, if they announce a game in the sucession wars I would be happy anyways haha, just thats not my personal fav suikoden : )

Do you think we will get a cool suikoden VI in, maybe, 3 years? is it a reasonable wish? haha
And another thing; when do you think this new suikoden will be released? ^^
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Nanami_chan wrote:Hmm, Im afraid this time I have to disagree with you, guys! I mean, as long as it will be so cool to see Suikoden I characters again, this time much younger, and as long as I know how great is the story of war succesion, I would rather it taking place after Suikoden III. Even if we cant see most of characters and only sons or even grandsons XD I wouldnt mind very much, but I want something really new this time (something we dont know still I mean). I remember after they released Suikoden III a wanted a Suikoden placed between 2 and 3 (even before Konami starts making 'prequels'). After Suikoden IV I still though it, but when I played Suikoden V I wanted the story to continue with its natural timeline. Maybe its silly but I just want to know what happens now! hahaha

But well, if they announce a game in the sucession wars I would be happy anyways haha, just thats not my personal fav suikoden : )

Do you think we will get a cool suikoden VI in, maybe, 3 years? is it a reasonable wish? haha
And another thing; when do you think this new suikoden will be released? ^^
MGS3 - prequel
MGS4 - sequel

What I am trying to say here, I'd much rather see the Succession War being told before we venture into Harmonia, which is where many want to go. In Europe SIII was never released, so my attachment to SIII and Harmonia is zilch. Maybe Konami would release SIII on a blu-ray in a bundle, similar to how the Windwaker came with Ocarina of Time and Master Quest. That'd be amazing, however, I'd much rather see the Succession War first, because that ties in neatly with Suikoden I. After that, a game that takes place after Suikoden III would be my next guess/idea and maybe start resolving some of these riddles that we've been having for the last 10+ years.

At the moment, we'll have to see what this Suikoden brings first. I know the teaser doesn't ourightly say that this is Suikoden VI, or Tierkreis II. As a matter of fact, the trailer states nothing, other than, what appear to be (at best) random nuggets of lines. Sure, it is talking about hundred years and million worlds, but Japanese teasers/trailers have always had funny text. For example, White Knight Chronicles' trailer said: Level-5 Big Scale Fantasy and FF XIV trailer was similarily as cheesy.

As for the releasedate, it could be anything, though if Tierkreis is anything to go by, it probably be in the next few months, however, at this point in time, we simply know nothing yet.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Hey Piisuke (and everyone else doing it lately), you don't have to quote the post directly before yours, especially not in its entirety.

As far as the Succession Wars go, it's something I'd be keen to see. But if it's a full, man series title, I'd rather see something new.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

At this rate maybe we should just make a poll and vote for what we would like SVI to be about, a topic where we can discuss what would and wouldn't work etc. Maybe even send the results to Konami as part of this whole campaign and give them an idea of what we want and don't want.

So far the most popular nominées I've frequently heard about would be:

1: Succession War
2: Harmonia
3: Higheast Rebellion
4: New Armes
5: First Firebringer war
6: Kanakan
7: Gaien Dukedom
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Nikisaur wrote:Hey Piisuke (and everyone else doing it lately), you don't have to quote the post directly before yours, especially not in its entirety.
I hardly ever do that and it was a simple case of forgetting to edit it. Give me a break. It is not like I spam the forum with quotes. And yes, I know the rules.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

It was a reminder about something I've been noticing, you just happened to be the most recent on the topic. I'm not trying to harass you, chill out.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

DoReMi_Vampire wrote:At this rate maybe we should just make a poll and vote for what we would like SVI to be about, a topic where we can discuss what would and wouldn't work etc. Maybe even send the results to Konami as part of this whole campaign and give them an idea of what we want and don't want.

No Sindar?
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

I don't want Suikoden IV to be 'about' anything'

I want Suikoden IV to be the final nail in the series

wrap up all the loose ends, plot threads, reveal the remainder of the true runes, just finish it so we can get a satisfactory conclusion
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

They could never finish everything in only one Suikoden. There are still a lot of countries to see, Zelant (which I definitely want to see!), Gaien (which sounds really interesting for a Suikoden), Harmonia, Kanakan and Katana? (The place Genshu comes from?)

I really don't want to see a numbered Suikoden dealing with a story we already know more or less in detail. If we had all the japanese publications translated in English, I don't think we'd want to see all the stories covered there again. That's our biggest problem...
WhiteWolfGuard

Post by WhiteWolfGuard »

DoReMi_Vampire wrote:At this rate maybe we should just make a poll and vote for what we would like SVI to be about, a topic where we can discuss what would and wouldn't work etc. Maybe even send the results to Konami as part of this whole campaign and give them an idea of what we want and don't want.

Definitely Harmonia n__n. Am I the only one who feels that all roads lead to Harmonia (or more specifically, to Hikusaak?) Just because they've always seemed to be this ominous political presence, and they tend to have connections to the True Runes or the people bearing them n__n (at least in the Murayama end of the series :D ).
I wanna go to Harmonia, dammit.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

@JiggleBiscuits
Of course the Sindar are included, I just assumed their story would be told during one of the already above mentioned.
Since Killey and Lorelai went to Kanakan to look for another Sindar-ruin, and since the Fog Ship could appear in that region I personally thought that would be the ideal place to tell the story of the Sindar. :mrgreen:
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!