new flame champion?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Arcadius

new flame champion?

Post by Arcadius »

um... i know that it doesn't matter who i choose to be the new flame champion but who fits the job best for the story wise?? i chose chris as flame champion but i think i should've chosen hugo because uh.. since true water rune was owned by jimba, as daughter of him chris should've get it ;[ geddoe was the true lightning rune owner originally so i didn't even consider him being new flame champion. who did you guys choose?
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

It doesn't matter who you pick, since each one will have it's own story associated with it. However, I think Huga was perfectly fit for it. As you said, Jimba had the water rune, and Geddeo has the lightning rune. Also, the original flame champion was a person from grasslands (just as hugo is).
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

hm yeah. that's what i thought too.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

It all works out when Hugo gets the rune. He's a grasslander. Chris gets the True Water Rune, which her father had. And Geddoe keeps his True Lightning Rune. I think thats what "officialy" happens in the storyline.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

I would choose Geddoe, cuz he knows a lot more about True Runes and has more experience. He alsowas one of the friends of the FC, so he should be the one to take over the title after his demise. And he knows what it means to be a hero(if you remember incident le Buque).
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Officially whoever you chose as the Flame Champion gets the True Fire Rune.

Not the best of answers but technically the correct one.

That being said Konami's actions and portrayals do tend to show Hugo with the True Fire Rune; so while it is not right to say it is the official or confirmed arrangement then it is safe to say it is the default setting.

If any later game features the three characters then loading data may alter who gets which rune; loading no data would most likely yield Hugo with True Fire, Chris with True Water and Geddoe with True Lightning; provided they were not a loading bonus to begin with.
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

In the intro video of Suikoden 3, it shows Hugo fighting the fire rune dragon boss... if that means anything? ;)
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

Not really they all battle Him but in this shot it only shows Hugo fighting him. Hugo also attacks Hallec in this video, which never happens in the game..
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

wolf88 wrote:In the intro video of Suikoden 3, it shows Hugo fighting the fire rune dragon boss... if that means anything? ;)
But it also shows him fighting Hallec, which makes no sense. Besides, all three must fight the Dragon.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Well I guess they show Hugo in the intro movie because he really was meant for the True Fire Rune :wink: .

But yeah that scene where Hugo looks like he's attacking Hallec made no sense at all.
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

maybe they were combat practicing :)
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Behind them was the Karaya village...burning. I doubt they will be training. That scene just doesn't make any sense.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Having this choice give a good reason to replay the game to see the last half of the game from three different perspective. In my last two games, I gave it to Chris and Geddoe respectively... it's kinda obvious that Hugo didn't exactly play any central role if you do that. Both his mom and Dupa pretty much covered anything regarding the Grassslands...

I'd choose Hugo just so that he'd have some importance in the story. >_>
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Behind them was the Karya village...burning. I don't they will be training. That scene just does'nt make any sense.
Actuallly it showed Chisa Village when the Le Bouque mantors invaded and that also did'nt make sense since Chisa was never set on fire :? .

And another thing about the intro movie it showed Fubar getting Hugo out of a building in Vinay del Zexay but that was'nt in the game at all either.

But anyway I still think Hugo was meant to be the Fire Champion.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

RageRune wrote:
Behind them was the Karya village...burning. I don't they will be training. That scene just does'nt make any sense.
Actuallly it showed Chisa Village when the Le Bouque mantors invaded and that also did'nt make sense since Chisa was never set on fire :? .
Oh, my bad. I stand corrected. Yeah, the intro doesn't make much sense...