The Most Underestimated Character.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Matt620

Hmmm...

Post by Matt620 »

I don't see Nei as being underrated, but certainly surprising. I prefer to use a support mage Nei, with Water/Earth/Shield (usually Mother Earth and Shield, since the Flowing Runes go to Salome, Percival, and Beechum)

One doesn't expect her to be able to do stuff, but she gets enough physical attacks with her speed to be able to do a bit of damage. She'll outdamage Joker physically, but he'll cream her magically.

I find her with Jongleur isn't useful, because frankly, Jongleur is really only useful against bosses, even with the lower HP totals these bosses have to say, other games. A lot of parties can beat the final boss in two turns, and one would need two turns to get the Jongleur boost. Besides, Nei has good magic, and she's best off casting Canopy Defense and Kindness Rain then standing around chanting: those two (Kindness Rain moreso) one actually needs.
-M
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Nei is my fave mage in S3 (save Luc, who doesn't realkly count). Also she is pretty good meelee fighter for a mage.
Jougler rune is plain insane, and tends to make your team immortal.
All in all Nei is amazing.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Jongleur doesn't make someone immortal, they just do more damage. One can be Drain Rune-d with the fourth level spell, but unless you stock your party with A rank Heavy Damage characters or higher (Emily an exception, so many attacks), you're not going to get much use of that. Lowering SKL+SPD isn't bad, but enemies that would give problems enough to warrant the casting find ways around it; like the RIncar, Yuber and his already high SKL. The first level spell speeds chanting, but one is better of taking Jeane if someone wants that. Basically, Song of Madness is all that's worthwhile for Jongleur, and even that's not amazing.

The character who I believe to be the most underrated is Reed. Although he's inferior to Ace, Reed can be a high end damage dealer since he can reach a third swing coupled with his 06 STR growth. Hit for hit, he's the strongest of the Tinto Brigade with Lilly in second (since Samus can't get three without a Gale Rune)
-M
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Lilly has a high critical rate, though, while Reed can achieve A+ in Freeze with Chief's Hat and an appointment. But while Freeze makes him useful, the critical rate and 2 free rune slots (as opposed to Reed's single) will allow Lilly to do more dmg on average..

the "invincible" part of Jongleur is Song of a Hero, the level 4 spell. as long as you can last 1 round (and Nei can keep on chanting), high-offense characters will more than replenish their max HP.
Last edited by KFCrispy on Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Matt620: Joueglers lvl4 skill has yoru physical attackers (including archers) gain 20+% of damage they do back in life. Hugo can generally gain 300+ life in a single turn, Juan gains well over 500, and so on.
Nei is the only person not gaining life, however her high MDef, and her being way in the back, keep her safe.

P.S. What sad, is that Jougler spells cannot stack... I tried team with Chabon/Nei to get Madness/Hero combo going, but song that is being sung last takes president over the previous one =( That would had been such an insane combo...
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I always thought Nei was underatted. When I played Suiko3 my 3rd time through, I put in my party as filler and she suprised the hell outta me. Since then I make it a piroity to have her be support for the whole party.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Lechium wrote:P.S. What sad, is that Jougler spells cannot stack... I tried team with Chabon/Nei to get Madness/Hero combo going, but song that is being sung last takes president over the previous one =( That would had been such an insane combo...
haha i never even thought of this possibility! too bad it doesn't work.. but Battle Oath can kick in
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

I think that Song of Madness actuall stacks with Berkserk status, i.e. double berkerks a charcter. Sounds wierd, but when I use Song of Madness Juan seems to deal more damage than usual.
I do not have access to my PS2 at the moment to confirm that, thou.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Probably because of his Waking Rune which already makes him Berserk. The Fury Rune makes you do 3.5x damage I think...so yeah...there are different degrees of Berserk.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

im wondering why fliktor didn't use the true rune bearers in the final battle???i think the elf has some potential after messin around with her in battles for awile shes a great healer but her potential is her being a attacker/mage.
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

did anyone ever use thomas and cecile to final group? well i didn;t use them for final battle but used when sasarai had to get his earth rune back. i think thomas and cecile are pretty good :) their unite attack isn't so bad either. also cecile has nice defence.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Song of Madness and any berserk status do combine, I think. Multiple songs, though, don't.

Blitzkrieg: Fury Rune is 1.5x damage. Other variations of berserk are the Violence Fury, 3x, and the 'anger' state(happens when a certain character is knocked out....such as Cecile will go into it when Thomas is knocked out), which is 2x.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I didn't use any of the other True Rune bearers because I wanted to test some stuff out. And I found my method the easiest; but I'm sure everyone has their own ways of killing the boss lol
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

KoRnholio wrote:Song of Madness and any berserk status do combine, I think. Multiple songs, though, don't.

Blitzkrieg: Fury Rune is 1.5x damage. Other variations of berserk are the Violence Fury, 3x, and the 'anger' state(happens when a certain character is knocked out....such as Cecile will go into it when Thomas is knocked out), which is 2x.
Boost is the equivalent to 'anger' 2x berserk
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

I noticed that myself. In the last boss battle, I lost my entire party except for Hugo and Fubar. Fubar had a full load of healing scrolls (which would heal both rider and mount - what could be cooler?) and Hugo may've had a healing rune of some kind - I forget. What I do remember is that the last two-thirds of the battle were with just these two. And I won! I just luv that griffon... :D
<tba>