The Most Underestimated Character.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
zqrahll

Post by zqrahll »

Honestly, I love just about everybody in this game. Even many of the weaker characters are useful or at least usable.

Personally, I love Cecile-- her tanking makes the Thomas parts of the game much easier. She can easily win an army battle by herself in one of Thomas' chapters. Later, other tanks can be better, but for awhile at least, she was a life saver.

I really like Thomas. True, his stats are pretty weak, but he gets some decent skills (that take a long time to max) & I have a lot of affection for the little hobbit. Plus, I get a big kick out of the fact that his terrible little butter knife gets a huge boost right at the end of the game (something like 50 points at lvl 15 IIRC), making his unite with Cecile a decently powerful attack (nice & fast too).
Punkaiser

Re: The Most Underestimated Character.

Post by Punkaiser »

I've just found a good underdog : Ruby.
With just him paired up with chris or Geddoe in battle againts Yuber or Sarah(ceremonial site), his level jump from 52 to 72 without fortune rune. Appoint him the title +1 swing to get his 5th swing, stick in a Double strike rune. His shinning wing rune then will deal around 4k damage.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah Ruby is pretty damn good. Shining Wing increases damage by 50% and can hit multiple targets! not only that but the Adonis unite is highly abusable, with Ruby and Sgt. Joe providing most of the damage.
finally, the most common way to use Ruby is as a mounted pair with Franz, and while they are not the most impressive in the damage category, they have the best magic resistance making them really hard to KO in the final battle compared to the other 2.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

In S3 i think monster characters are overly underestimated, Here in S3 their weapon/defence sharpens up according to their level, so pretty much beasts are late-game heroes (dota language) while early or mid game heroes are human with limited weapon grade and armor set.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

technically that's only true for their pdf, as every character's attack goes up through to level 99, albeit not as much, but then, that's pretty evenly balanced by having weapons, which the monster's don't have. So while monsters can do a lot of damage at higher levels, it's not really any different from any other high level character designed for doing damage, and it's often worse considering the monsters only have 1 free rune slot. Their biggest advantage is being able to become a mounted pair with their respective riders. Otherwise, they're just big characters.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

You should see how their weapon grows, my tested Bright from 56 to 57 get more 2 str points while his weapon gets more 5 points, this is the reason why i state beasts could become late hero, regarding from lv61+ their str will grows less but i think it will still be 2-3 points for weapon, of course i'm not sure. I got an exemple from ruby at lv 52 his attack (which covers str+ weapon growth) is 312 after the sudden jump to lv72, his attack is now 383 .
EDIT: Fubar at lv 50 has 305 attack, jump to lv 61 with 367 attack.
eldrasidar, show some love to animals :))
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I like them, I'm just saying that there will be non monster characters that will get up to similar attack levels. There really isn't any major advantage to having their weapon strength continuous growing at each level, because ultimately they will even out with the boost other characters would get from having a level 16 weapon and various pieces of equipment. There are several non-monster characters who have no problem breaking 400 attack by level 60. If Ruby needs to get to level 80 to do that, it really isn't all that game breaking, but on the other hand it also isn't a major disadvantage either.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

hmm, most human chars who make their attack over 400 can swing only 1-2 times, compare to a beast like ruby or fubar with 400 attack but swings 5 times (no need speed stone for these 2), ruby even has a fixed 1.5 multiplier rune to rock. I'm not saying they may claim a spot in top 5 or anything, but to claim that only a few human characters could deal 4k burst damage even at lv 99 like ruby or an area attack of 2k+ like fubar for exemple.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Maybe Thomas since he got an A+ in wind magicks?
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Thomas is definitely hard to trust (i haven't dared put him up against Yuber) but he's got A+ in Parry. the A+ in Wind doesn't mean much because the offensive wind spells don't have high damage, and at the same time, Thomas probably won't even see a level 4 spell.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Maybe he could use a Cyclone rune???
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Of course he can use cyclone rune but that's not something so great.
-500 damage from lv4 spell isnt adorable since some physical attackers will dish out 4k+/target or 2k aoe per turn
-almost impossible to get his level 4 spell. With his random stats growth, most of the time he will end up with around 90 magic at lv99(unless you feed him some magic stones) and there's a fact that he hardly could pass over level 73.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

his wind magic does get slightly weakened by his lack of magic stat, which grows at the exact same rate as Chris, so you'd need to be somewhere in the mid 80's in level to get 101 magic necessary to cast all 4 levels of magic. However, that doesn't mean Thomas cannot be extremely useful. His A+ in repel, parry, and accuracy can make him quite a competent defensive fighter when you make use of his 2 rune slots.
lucftw87

Re:

Post by lucftw87 »

Arcadius wrote:fubar? lol no one seem to use animals for their final party. i like fubar ;[
If you are using hugo and not using fubar, you are wasting some damn good characters. When I beat the game, my fubar would hit mostly crits for upwards to about 1200 damage. Hugo would then swipe the monster 3 times for about the same, then they would fly around together and mop up the other monsters (after the rest of my party had executed turns). I don't know if there was something I did to make this happen.

Edit: Futch and Bright did something similar although slightly less damage. It must be a mounted combo thing.
Algus

Post by Algus »

I've been messing with Jimba in my current game, taking him around to fight treasure bosses and such. And it makes me cry tears that he isn't usable for most of the game. I won't put my vote to him though since he's not really a full-time party member. Coincidently, I'm also using Lucia in this party and she is fun. When her skills get trained up she hits often and hard. Trained-up Lucia is handy for the army battles too.

I do like Alanis as I find her combo with Melville quite useful. Anytime a mage can make use of themselves outside of unloading their spells on the boss fight makes me happy. I haven't messed with Precision/Fire Runes to much on her though. I HATE fire runes in this game.