Suikoden in NJ

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Belcoot4

Suikoden in NJ

Post by Belcoot4 »

Hey everyone I'm from New Jersey, south jersey to be exact, and just about anybody I know who plays RPGs doesn't really indulge in the Suikoden series. A lot of people play the Breath of Fire games, other one title one time games, of course the Final Fantasys, and everyone is hooked on WoW (I'm not a fan at all, an RPG that doesnt end isnt an RPG). I feel like I'm the only one whos really into it. In fact my attitude stubborn or not is that if NOT Suikoden I'm not playing it. I have played and beaten all of the Final Fantasys and a number of other titles Square has put out but a lot of the time now its Suikoden 24/7.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Eroschilles

Re: Suikoden in NJ

Post by Eroschilles »

I'm from the Baltimore, MD area, which isn't that far off from south jersey. But I'm pretty much the only person I know to be an uber-fan, or even heard of the title for that matter, of Suikoden. Never took all that much to most RPGs, so Suikoden is my lifeblood for that sort of thing.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I'm the same way... there are a lot of great RPGs out there but after playing the Suikoden series I'm just not interested in games that the story isn't continuous.

Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Yeah, I'm really into the continuous story thing too. I miss the ability to have the game saves load to the next game like it did 1-3. Hopefully they will bring that back.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i grew up in north-central jersey, and i got 1 friend to try it (he played Suikoden III and i think that was it), but nobody else cared for/heard of Suikoden even though they liked all this other stuff.

i have yet to meet a person in real life that's actually played the games, other than the ppl i get to play the game (which is... 3 ppl total)
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Yeah I dont understand it everybody nowadays just wanna play shooters and madden. I love both types of games especialy Madden, but theres more to games then the mindlessness of those types. I'm sure if there were even more fans they'd push the Suikoden games more. I can just keep playing them all over and over. I had one friend who was playing them as much as I was but hes hooked on WoW now (I'm not a fan at all) and my brother plays them too but he only plays them once or twice through.

DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

Im from south jersey as well. i have been telling people about this game since suikoden 1. I even still let a few people borrow the first 1. the premise I give them is "the gameplay is simple but fun, and the story makes final fantasy X look like a dr suess story." Even still, most people that borrow it dont get into it. I refuse to even consider letting someone borrow my copy of suikoden 2, because that is my favorite game of all time.

I think the simplistic gameplay and mediocre graphics tend to keep a large crowd away unfortunately. In the past 10 years I have met 2 people I knew personally that ever played these. One person played 1 and loved it, but never played any others (Madden freak.) The other played 3 when it came out with me and we actually raced through the game against each other, which was VERY cool (very OMG but it wasn't Chris's fault wait til you do her chapter!!!)