what SPD for Chris 3rd swing..

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

what SPD for Chris 3rd swing..

Post by KFCrispy »

does anyone know what speed Chris needs to get a consistent 3rd swing going at her natural max swing skill?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

So I take it no titles, then. How do we test this out?

Also, you said your level 99 Chris couldn't do a consistent 3rd swing, so maybe we can start with your speed value for your chris?
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i started a new game and her SPD at 99 is only 150 :[ i'm thinking of using the Stone of Speed later on to figure it out but it'll be a while or i won't get to it cuz school starts soon. i was considering using Code Breaker to put it in my inventory but the item location numbers are all screwy before everything gets combined. -__-
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Well since my data got corrupted, the only data I have of a level 99 Chris is back at Chapter 1. It'll take some time to get back to Chapter 4 where the stone of speed is, so I'll work on that when I can.

I don't have school until the 27th, but with Star Ocean coming out this Wednesday, I had better rush myself.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hehe. oh i looked at your level 99 Chris stats u posted at the old board, and most stats are beyond natural maximum. i believe you had to have Blood Armor on her.. and u had her Repel stat about 100 above her max REP stat.. -_-
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Uh huh I did. That's why I had to double check that. I tried putting as many stat altering armor I could find. I think I was experimenting with the attack.

I'll have the updated stats tomorrow.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i used code breaker to put the stat stones in the equipment accessory slots and it worked, even though one of them read ------------- but its description was the stone's. well i brought her speed up to 171 i think, and i was seeing 3 strikes already but i can't tell if it's consistent (she is 99 and the enemies around are like baby bunnies... beginning of chapter 2). i didn't save and i will wait til i have access to a treasure boss to test.

UPDATE: at a small distance, she is achieving 3 strikes with 165 SPD. and for stones, if u use the quantity modifying code, the stat stones show up with no problem!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok 165 IS the spd at which Chris gets a 3rd swing.. done
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Hmm...I tried some of these yesterday. I boosted Chris' speed to 177, but after numerous, NUMEROUUUSS tries I could only get 2 strikes. Anything, guys?
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Occam Arkitect wrote:Hmm...I tried some of these yesterday. I boosted Chris' speed to 177, but after numerous, NUMEROUUUSS tries I could only get 2 strikes. Anything, guys?
Is your Chris at Lv. 99? I don't think it matters, but it could be a factor. Are you only fighting on battlefields like Yaza Plains and Cyndar Ruins which place you far away from enemies at the beginning of battle?

Try using either Blood Armor or Windspun Armor (recommended; Rare Finds in Le Buque). Blood Armor increases speed by 20 and Windspun Armor increases speed by 15. Also, try Jefferson's Commander :?: Appoint (Medal Set #5) because it boosts Swing by 1 Skill Rank.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Yeah, I had all sorts of those pre-requisites...and, funny. I believe it was just a pure (glitchy) coincidence that I get only 2 strikes after a no. of tries. But yeah, I tried medal no. 5 and it kinda helped.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you need to be close enough to enemies to see a 3rd swing, and her swing skill must be maxed (B)! that's all.. shouldn't be a problem. level doesn't matter at all