Suikoden costumes

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Kai-the-cat

Suikoden costumes

Post by Kai-the-cat »

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone has made or try to make a costume
from one of the Suikoden games? If so how did turn out :roll:

Thank's
Quing

Re: Suikoden costumes

Post by Quing »

I didn't make the costume, per se, but when I was in high school, my mom made me a Tir McDohl costume. It turned out quite well.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Still in the process of making two costumes. Sierra Mikain and Viki (SV). Viki's sleeves have been giving me headaches because they just magically hang there in the air. For her Obi, I think I will just make sure that the fabric is really stiff, then use velcro in the back. Sierra's is pretty simple besides the jeweled clasp on her shawl thing, been trying to decide how I want to do that. I'm going to see if I can buy similar shoes, but if I can't I'll make them like I did for Viki's moccasins.
My friend made a hazuki Cosplay since she already had the hakama from a previous cosplay and kendo. It was pretty difficult to do the red wrap around.
I would really would love to do Suikoden V's Miakis and Lyon as a pair with my friend but I don't have experience with making armor. I know some people resort to gold cloth for the armor but that just doesn't work for me.

If you want to look up suikoden cosplay go to cosplay.com there are some awesome ones there.

Oh yes, I'm working with clear mascara and white powder to see how white I can get my eyebrows to be for sierra. Brows are so difficult and I'm unwilling to do anything like dyeing that takes a while for them to revert.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

People did talk a bit about that kind of thing here too: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =25&t=7632 should you be interested.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

i want a yuber outfit oh so bad, alberts was awesome too, if someone is good at making outfits let me know! i want them!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

oh I saw this topic and just had to respond - I have 2 costumes: Sasarai and Luc from Suikoden 3
I made the Sasarai about 4 years ago and the Luc about 3 years ago
I'd have to buy a wig if I want to wear these costumes again thanks to the shaved head =0
anyway its late ... I will try and post some links to some pics tomorrow
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

ahh here we go a few old pictures of the costumes

My Sasarai and my friend as Geddoe
http://cer.nuitari.net/ohayocon5/pic1.jpg

Another of Sasarai
http://cer.nuitari.net/jpgs/pic3.JPG

Sadly I have zero pics of the Luc costume from the con I did it for. So instead I will have to reuse this Konamistars picture I submitted awhile back... so ya ... hair isn't dyed ... or clean shaved ... =(
http://cer.nuitari.net/jpgs/suikocollection.jpg

Not sure what costume I want to make for the next one ... last years was Altair from Assassin's Creed, and before that was Kenshin =/
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

You made them??? Coooolll....

Sasarai's is the best!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

haha ya ... like I said, did the Sasarai one 4 years ago - I got the shiniest, prettiest, foofiest material I could find for his costume too ... turned out great

the longest, most ridiculous part of the costume are the white ruffled trim on the tabard - a lot of people who make the costume take a shortcut and just do an outline to make it "look" ruffled ... ya those are all individually sewn .. >_<
kaichama

Post by kaichama »

I'm making A Tir costumes and Gremio's ^^ but gremio's is for my friend....

They're still in proccess, though XD
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

awesome, I would love to see pictures of your progress - always wanted to try a Gremio

I'm kicking around the idea of maybe a Killey costume ... not sure yet
MarionetteJ.

Post by MarionetteJ. »

Cerahbes wrote:I'm kicking around the idea of maybe a Killey costume ... not sure yet
You definitely should give it a try! I've been wondering about making a Killey costume as well... but I don't think I will do it anytime soon. I have too many costume projects underway even now, and three of all those projects are Suikoden costumes. The one I've made most progress with is Gizel Godwin, the Queen's Knights version of course. Now that the costume is almost done I've started to feel a bit sad about my fabric choices, though... How come I didn't get some overly royale, shiny stuff for that one...?
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

MarionetteJ. wrote:
Cerahbes wrote:I'm kicking around the idea of maybe a Killey costume ... not sure yet
You definitely should give it a try! I've been wondering about making a Killey costume as well... but I don't think I will do it anytime soon. I have too many costume projects underway even now, and three of all those projects are Suikoden costumes. The one I've made most progress with is Gizel Godwin, the Queen's Knights version of course. Now that the costume is almost done I've started to feel a bit sad about my fabric choices, though... How come I didn't get some overly royale, shiny stuff for that one...?
cause they can be costly? XD actually right now is a good time to buy shiny's, a lot of the cloth stores have sales on costume type cloth. I usually use at least one shiny cloth for my costumes. Though the last one I didn't because it was a kimono and required such big yardage.
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

lol tell me about the cost of fabric... some of the "shiny" has cost me $11 a yard for different costumes, but its worth it in the end - sadly the cost of fabric pales in comparison to say having to buy boots for over $200 *cough Luc*
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

wow I forgot about this post ! I ended up redoing my Luc custom and wearing it again at Ohayocon 2009. I got a wig, and actually got some green contacts... I went all out this year >_< anyway, I also ran into an awesome Killey! I'm so glad i didn't try and make that costume. Amusing story - I was sitting down eating with my friends in a food court ... I looked up and there's Luc from Suikoden 1/2 looking at me from across the room. I looked at her and yelled YOU'RE ME!!!! ... okay so it was amusing to the only two Suikoden fans in the huge crowd. enjoy

http://cer.nuitari.net/jpgs/lucsquared.jpg

http://cer.nuitari.net/jpgs/killey.jpg