Wild Arm series

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Hirathien

Re: Wild Arm series

Post by Hirathien »

Five aint that good, a bit better than Four.... But that aint saying much.
Freak

Post by Freak »

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Jet is totally adorable? Everyone says that he's annoying and emo, but I really like him for some weird reason. :P
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I also find Jet very adorable. He's the main reason I played the game so many times. I can see why people would see him as annoying and emo but once you discover his backstory, who wouldn't be in that situation?
Raou

Post by Raou »

Frankly I found Wild Arms 4 to have a weak story line with predictable ends. The general idea is it's kids versus adults with the kids trying to prove a point. That's great, but I found that...well...they argued their points in a weak fashion, and the game felt too linear to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wild Arms 1-3 though! Plenty of travel, side quests and fun to be had, though the battle system in 3 took some getting used to. Especially since the only people who did decent physical damage was Clive and Jet. Virginia was alright but...the other guy sucked for me.

In terms of my favorite I'd have to say WA2. The story gripped me, the characters felt slightly more realistic (with the exception of some), and the Black Knight was just friggin' cool. The story had a darker theme to it than the rest, I feel.

I mean, come on, one of the three starting characters had a BOMB in his neck. lol.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

yeah, Gallows is pretty much useless. I only use him to extension protect & shield on party and then decelerate the enemy. That's what he does every battle with occasional use of items
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Freak

Post by Freak »

Gallowsis far from useless actually.Valiant + Extension totally breaks the game.
Raou

Post by Raou »

Gallows might be useful for Extension but when you need a decent physical attack from him he fails to deliever most the time. Now Clive, on the other hand....

End game had him doing well over 4K a pop and upped his ARM to have 3 bullets with maximum damage output.

At least I think. It's been years.
Freak

Post by Freak »

Did anyone else like Wild Arms Alter Code F? I found myself really enjoying that. It had nice graphics and the gameplay of Wild Arms 3 which I really like. And getting you know who :wink: as a party member is pure gold and already worth playing the game for.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yup yup, Alter Code F was very enjoyable.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

3 is certainly one of my favourite RPG's. I spent way too many hours stumped on several of the puzzles, and way too many more hours trying and failing to learn to whistle Advanced Wind :)
Freak

Post by Freak »

yes, Wild Arms 3 was great and I enjoyed every bit of it. And the puzzles were fun, except when you accidently hit the dash button and fell off the platform :(. I'm glad they fixed this in Alter Code F.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I liked 2 and 3. Both were very solidly made games with very few faults. The series is a testament to how concept design of a game is important so players can understand the general "feel" of the series.
Freak

Post by Freak »

Yeah, Wild Arms 2 and 3 (and Alter Code F) are just solid and well designed all around. I like the many details that make up the "italo western" style, particularly in 3.
Also, Zed ist the best character ever. Just saying.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

I played Wild arms 1 and 2 but never beat them, the first one was the best while the others were meh. never played 3, 4 or 5 but imo the series doesn't seem to hold up well and that sucks.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
Akihiko

Post by Akihiko »

I don't know much about the series apart from 1 but it's one of my favourite PS1 JRPGs. The ability to play from 3 perspectives was really innovative and I love the 'old West' atmosphere and music. The main theme for the game is just brilliant.