With the recent announcement of FF13 coming to the 360....

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Johnny Eagle

With the recent announcement of FF13 coming to the 360....

Post by Johnny Eagle »

what do you think the odds are of Suikoden 6 coming out for a non-Sony platform?
LanceHeart

Re: With the recent announcement of FF13 coming to the 360....

Post by LanceHeart »

They're about as likely as the game being announced at E3 this year as of right now.

We'll see in due time.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

My guess is that the Suikoden team has been waiting to see which next gen system would be best to hold their game. In my opinion, SVI could very well come to xbox.

It wouuld probably be the most obvious choice due to the fact that Sony still has a high priced system.
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4
Author

Post by Author »

Johnny Eagle wrote:what do you think the odds are of Suikoden 6 coming out for a non-Sony platform?
I'm thinking of killing Konami.
Jacomo

Post by Jacomo »

No, I don't think so.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the XBOX in Japan, so I can't imagine they will port it to that system...
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

it'd be quite strange if it were multiplatform. :| i don't see that happening really, but being on xbox 360 still seems strange enough. this system that used to only really have "halo" is suddenly getting several great jrpgs. :o
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jacomo wrote:No, I don't think so.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the XBOX in Japan, so I can't imagine they will port it to that system...
If we're talking about a port then it's definitely possible. FF13 won't even be ported to the Xbox in Japan last time I checked(they could have changed their minds in the meantime though). Same thing could apply to Suikoden 6.

There is very little reason for it to be an xbox exclusive title though. Konami will want to target as many people as possible, which makes multi-platform very likely. Also, Konami does not have a history of bringing out a lot(if any, not certain) of exclusive titles on the Xbox or Xbox 360. Although my personal guess goes to it becoming a Wii exclusive.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But the XBOX seems to get a lot of J-RPGs, e.g. the new Star ocean title is announced for X-Box ONLY. So why shouldn't Konami do so as well?

Personally, I still don't own any next gen console, and I still don't know which one to buy in the future, with the X-Box getting a RPG-Console...
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Antimatzist wrote:But the XBOX seems to get a lot of J-RPGs, e.g. the new Star ocean title is announced for X-Box ONLY. So why shouldn't Konami do so as well?

Personally, I still don't own any next gen console, and I still don't know which one to buy in the future, with the X-Box getting a RPG-Console...
Seriously? Last time I checked the platform for the new Star Ocean, was unannounce, and people were already saying it was going to be release for the PS3. I can't see it being X-box only, at most multi-platform, got a link to that source?

Also, I was already convince that FFXIII was already going to be multiplatform, but the Xbox version only being availble in the US was kind of a surprise, guess Xbox 360 really sucks in Japan now.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there is no reason games should not go multi-platform as long as they can cheaply translate it to the other system... exclusive system releases happen more often due to Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo wanting to get more people to buy their system so they pay the game developers to only release it to their system.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The only reason any JRPG that has Xbox 360/PS3 caliber graphics end up on the Xbox 360 is for one of four reasons:

1. They intend on a North American and European release and want to maximize worldwide profit.
2. They got paid for exclusivity (timed or not).
3. The game itself is the console owner's Intellectual Property (Infinite Undiscovery is a prime example Microsoft, much like God of War for Sony)
4. The Sony devkit wasn't out when they decided to start development. (Star Ocean, The Last Remnant) Doesn't mean the games aren't coming to the PS3, though.

All JRPGs released on the Xbox 360 that weren't IP-exclusive were announced sooner or later for the PS3 in Japan. Eternal Sonata is an example of this: It was Xbox 360 exclusive for a while and is now being released on the PS3 in Japan (NA/EU was up in the air for a long while, now confirmed).

It's just good business sense to port JRPGs over to the Xbox 360 in NA due to the 5 million unit sales gap and even better business sense in Japan to port/create on the PS3 because of the abysmal console sales of the 360 over there.

Of course, only time will tell if the FFXIII port will be worth the money. There's still the oft chance that it won't sell well on the 360 compared to the PS3, which would mean Square Enix might have wasted money on the port instead of made some once everything is calculated.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Oh god the only system I dont have is the XBOX360 and all of the sudden all thes egames are coming out for it. I still say it should be out for the Wii.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I say the odds of suikoden 6 comming out for something that isn't ps3 or so is pretty slim, i mean not every suikoden fan has an Xbox or a wii so not every suikoden would probabally get it, there's also the fact that if they have a load save file from a previous suikoden, how would they do that? i don't think a memory card for a ps2 would copy a save to an xbox's or wii's memory card. I also hope that it does come out for the ps3 becuase out of the three consoles the ps3 and wii are the ones i would most likely get in the future.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I hope it comes out for PS3 in the sense that I bought a PS3 and I actually only have three games for it, (I use it as a Blue Ray DVD player more lol) so it would definitly put some use to my system.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

They could always license Square-Enix's Crystal Tools Engine (the engine behind FFXIII and FF Versus XIII), which is meant to be multi-platform (PS3, 360, Wii, PC). Assuming Square-Enix wants to license it out, of course. I haven't heard of any other companies licensing it, but I think if the engine is as good as it looks, Square Enix could be sitting on the RPG equivalent of the Unreal Engine (read: a gold mine). In addition, smaller dev teams (like, say, Konami's Suikoden team) would be able to focus on the other, more important aspects of game development.

That, in my opinion, would be the easiest way to make a graphically impressive, multiplatform Suikoden.