Skill and Speed stats...

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Lechium

Skill and Speed stats...

Post by Lechium »

I am a little bit confised about both of these...

Speed first of all: I have Landis in my party (dont ask... I am going for wierd party thsi time around) and he has one of the highst speeds of the bunch. Yet he alwasy attacks last. He swings slow as hell as well... what does "speed" skill influence?

Skill is next: what does that skill infuclese? My guess is: accuracy, parry/block/repel chances and maybe heavy damage chances although that's more for luck... could you guys confirm? That's important because if it is what i think it is than Thomas has what it takes to be a monster....
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

speed affects movement and swing-speed, but it's not the determining factor for either. characters come with predetermined MOV stats (but it can be improved..) and that determines how fast they'll get there (maybe distance they can travel too). speed barely affects swing speed but it's needed in combination with swing skill to maximize number of swings. (Kornholio details this a bit more with a swing guide he's working on)

you know, i'm not exactly sure what speed does for ya. i know it's a contributing factor other things, but as for taking action itself... i dunno!

skill's main contributing factor is accuracy, which is also the chance to disrupt enemy's defend/parry. skill and luck help determine criticals (heavy dmg). i know skill doesn't help repel but it may help in parry and maybe even defend/full defense but doubt it.

Thomas has a decent critical ability due to his high skill and luck, but he has no natural heavy damage skill, so i think Emily (high skill avg luck B+ heavy) and Melville (avg skill/luck but A+ heavy) win out.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

thanks for info.

Good thing about Thomas is that he has A+ parry, which coupled with high Skill can prove to be a good defence. He has good MRes as well and A+ in Wind is sorta nice as well... he is a very tme consuming character thou since all of his skill require so many points to upgrade...
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Landis has the heaviest class of weapon, so his swings will always take long. My only guess as to why he would attack last, though, would be if you have him in the back. If you have him in the front, and his speed stat is higher than everybody elses', then he should at least take his turn early.