How many troops did godwin and the prince have?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Night

Post by Night »

Simeon wrote:Um how can you assume those numbers in game have any bearing on storyline facts. Just because it says 1000 soldiers or whatever does not prove that falena did not have 10000 or 100000.
Because it seems strange that in a country where a large number of soldiers are apparently available, neither side in the conflict is using them. Using spudtroopers numbers, there are a total of 20,000 soldiers in the conflict. Even allowing for a large margin of error, the in-game comment that Falena could muster 100,000 troops leaves a large amount of troops completely unaccounted for (at least double the troops of the two forces combined). Where are all these soldiers, and why aren't the two sides trying to recruit them. They would make a huge impact on the outcome.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

The Prince probably killed 75'000 soldiers in random battles :lol:
I'm Swiss
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Okay so if i faced 50,000 random battles with Godwin Troops. Average about 5 soldiers per battle. that would comout to 250,000. Does that mean that godwins have 250,000 soldiers?????? You guys read way to much into things. Not everyting has to have a reason.
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

hell_tanuki wrote:Anyway, not so important for me...
Yeah, that's why I said that :P
I'm Swiss
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

Well after replaying the game during the first battle lord barows said the enemy had 300 soldier and lo and behold the war battle has 300 troops on lord godwin side so if we were to base it from there it might be that the battle were fairly accurate. My reasoning why they may not have been able to get the full military might of falena was becouse its only been 8 years since armes attack mybe that drained some of falena's military might. Another reason might be becouse both sides didn't want to or rather couldn't escelate the conflict becouse as Raja said no one wanted another battle for the crown like what happened 20 years ago.