Question about Albert's powers... (spoiler)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Comicho

Question about Albert's powers... (spoiler)

Post by Comicho »

Remember the part in suikoden 3 near the end when your flame champion has to get their true fire rune back. Albert and Caesar talk and stuff then Albert leaves, but when he leaves... he casts a spell that summons a creature, then the creature casts a spell that teleports him, exactly the same way Sarah does it throughout the game. I'm just curious cuz I thought Albert was just a military strategist with no special runes or anything. I don't recall him ever using any magic throughout the game until that part near the end of the game. Also if he can summon creatures like that don't you think he'd be able to teleport himself instead of summoning a creature to do it. Although at first I thought he casts it so we have to fight it or something.. but instead teleports him. Someone give me some insight on this.
Don't think sorry is easily said...
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

Albert also summoned Yuber, so it's certain that he has some sort of summoning technique, though I don't think it's a special magic power or rune.

Furthermore, as a support character, Albert has the magic tutoring skill, which indicates that he does have a certain amount of experience with magic.
Yubar

Post by Yubar »

i think that (theory moment) moist silverbergs have the ability to summone mighty warriors,there highly intelligent,good tactisions so they should know some rituals,maybe there is a possibility that there somehow linked to the cinder??? hmmmmmmmmm???
Chaos is all I want, The suffering the pure screams of pain is what i thirst and i aim to please this hunger
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Linked to Sindaar? That's a bit obscure isn't it?

It could always be scrolls that he uses, but then the support ability counteracts that thought. Perhaps there is a true 'summoning' type of rune that he has a sublet of? The only summoning rune we have come across so far is the Gate runes which summon monsters for one off attacks. Also true runes seem to be able to create monsters with some people.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Maybe he had a different version of a conqueror rune. That arm motion could have been just a signal and nothing more.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Comicho

Post by Comicho »

Well, all I know is that he casts a spell and summons that thing and teleports away... he's a pretty shady character... which is so cool about him...
Black Monday

Post by Black Monday »

I read somewhere that Leon had discovered the means of summoning Yuber that Windy used and did so himself in Suikoden 2. He then passed the knowledge on to Albert. I always thought that the ability to summon Yuber was essentially the same as summoning the monster that helps him teleport.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Albert may have simply ordered the target lady (I think that's what the monster was) to appear, and teleport him. He doesn't necessarily have to be a summoner to pull that off.
Comicho

Post by Comicho »

I don't know man... he does a hand motion which appears like he's casting a spell and the target lady appears out of nowhere. Even if he is ordering the target lady to appear, how does he even have that power to control it? Nobody is in the room but him sasarai, dios, thomas, and cecille, sarah and yuber are both defeated by that point in the game. It just looks obvious that he's using some sort of magic.
Sol Fury

Post by Sol Fury »

Actually, Albert confronts the sucessor to the Flame Champion's group, not Sasarai's.
My guess is being the master strategist that he was, he knew Caesar would go with the sucessor to confront him, and so he waited there, with the Nariqua / Target Lady in the wings, to speak with his brother before calling her over with that gesture and making his escape. Albert said himself he wouldn't last long if he stuck around, and Luc threatened to kill him for any betrayal, so Albert must have had an escape plan the whole time anyway.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

I think it was just a cheesy plot mechanism to get him out of the temple...