Quests and Questions

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Quests and Questions

Post by patapi »

Question time:

1. Can anyone confirm where the "Ancient Tableware" item is located in the Obel Ruins? "Ancient Ring"?

2. How exactly do you unlock the quest to get the four nameless mercenaries?

3. Are unsuccessful quests lost forever? Or will they reappear on the list in some way?

4. Where do you get some Good Gold Ore for another quest?

Thank you in advance.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

1. Ancient Tableware can be acquired via "dig" at Obel Ruins' 5th floor, only before water is drained from that level. This means you have only one chance to get this item. If you miss that opportunity, you'll never get it. It's located on that pyramid-like terrain to the southwest, which means you'd need an iwadori. I didn't have an iwadori back when I tried it, so I was out of luck in my first playthrough.

Ancient Ring can be acquired in the same level AFTER water is drained. It can be found in the northwest side of the level.

2. You have to favor Chiepoo's quest over the "X merchant guild" quests and make Chiepoo very rich. Once you complete all of Chiepoo's quests that are unlocked at his "very rich" condition, you will unlock the final quest that would result in you getting the four mercs.

3. Some quests will reappear after a few days, but I've had quests that are lost forever. Some quests only appaear if you fail another quest though, such as the "swap their merchandise!" quest by chiepoo, which unlocks "Please go defeat a guzzler" quest after you fail it.

4. Good Gold Ore can be dug in various locations, but I've found them in all free battle terrains such as Terraner, Midoh, Zasta, and Columbar.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Alright, I've found them. Thanks.

1. Actually you can't land on the pyramid-like structure when you first enter the 5th floor. In fact, the Ancient Tableware lies on long platform directly north of it (most left of the map). Iwadori isn't required for that, but it definitely makes it easier to get the item. (Definitely a missable item here.)

As you said, Ancient Ring is accessible only after the water is gone.

2. Got them. Too bad they weren't given proper names, even after we've recruited them. They don't even have conversation among them, that's quite disappointing. Decent units.

Now that I've gotten them, any idea if there are any other Chiepoo-related items that I'd miss if I do the X Guild quests?

3. Hmm, so that's the exclusive quest that can only be completed in New Game+.

4. Yes, found some at Zasta. Also, I didn't realise that I already had 3 from the Rene quest earlier, so it didn't take long to meet the requirement of that quest.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nah, once you get the mercs, you're free to kick Chiepoo down into the abyss and send his corporation down the drain. Once Chiepoo becomes "poor," he will start selling Hunter Runes, which may be useful.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Excellent. I've been wondering where the Hunter Rune is for a while too.

Bye Chiepoo.