Loading data from Suikoden 1

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Elric

Loading data from Suikoden 1

Post by Elric »

I had the 108 Stars in Suikoden (with Gremio alive) and I saved just before fighting Barbarossa.
In Suikoden 2 Viktor and Flik saved me (at the beginning of the game) but there are only level 22 (instead of ~70 in Suikoden 1).

Is this normal? Did I make something wrong?
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Well im not shure but i dont think they are suppsed to be any level changes from loading from suikoden 1 to suikoden 2 i think that the only thing that happens is that you can get teel. 8)
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Yes that is normal, while there is a level boost for returning characters it is not exceptionally large (otherwise it would make the game ridiculously easy.)

If you did not load data then they would both start at level 20.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

yeah loading data only boosts lvl a tiny bit for returning characters.Also some returning charcters could have certain runes on them that you equiped in S1 but I'm not sure.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Runes don't pass over from S1 to S2. Some equipments do, and even that
is limited.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

If you look at Flik's weapon--if you had it ++--it no longer is. I just chalked it up to wear and tear...LOL

The only real advantage in loading the info is to get McDohl.
Jiro

Post by Jiro »

The only difference I noticed was with Humphrey, his weapon was upgraded more, and he came with the Windspun Armor when I recruited him after using my S1 data compared to my brother playing it with no data upload.
Omaik

Post by Omaik »

where exactly do i have to save to be able to load suiko1 data into suiko2 ?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

You have to save in Gregminster palace. The very last save point before fighting Barbarossa. It's in a small room to the left at a T-intersection. It's before you get to the really long carpeted cooridor (where there are no random encounters).
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Oppenheimer wrote:You have to save in Gregminster palace. The very last save point before fighting Barbarossa. It's in a small room to the left at a T-intersection. It's before you get to the really long carpeted cooridor (where there are no random encounters).
That is not entirely true, I never transferred a file from there, I go up to that point and then back at the castle and from there the transfer, unless I'm losing it again.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Arenegeth wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:You have to save in Gregminster palace. The very last save point before fighting Barbarossa. It's in a small room to the left at a T-intersection. It's before you get to the really long carpeted cooridor (where there are no random encounters).
That is not entirely true, I never transferred a file from there, I go up to that point and then back at the castle and from there the transfer, unless I'm losing it again.
I transfered a file from there..Maybe you just forgot it :p
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

My file transfer tends to be from a save in the Dragon Knights Fortress because I'm still too stingy to pay Marie to sleep at my own castle.

I believe it has to be after the final war battle, but I don't believe you have to have set foot into Gregminster Castle at all.
You may have to defeat Ain Gide, because I don't think I've ever tested it without doing that.

It definitely doesn't have to be from that particular save point.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Really? I was always under the impression it has to be the one in Gregminster palace. Sorry for the misinformation!
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

My save was before the big battle with yuber.. It doesn't matter where you save as long as you have the 107+1 stars
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The number of stars you have is irrelevant, just the position you have reached in the game; in fact the less than 108 stars information is more interesting, but you don't get the stew.

At some point there is a trigger that allows you to load data, what that trigger is people are unsure about.

Where exactly this trigger is we're not sure, but I'm almost certain it has to be after Shazarasade.

I was under the assumption that completing the final battle was the trigger, but it might be attending the meeting before the final battle; if it is before that then it would be more useful.