Destruction of the Werebeast-Village

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Reideen

Destruction of the Werebeast-Village

Post by Reideen »

I just wondered WHY exactly Windy destroyed that village...

My theory is that the Village was like the Village of the hidden Rune but instead of securing the Sould Eater they secured the Beast-Rune.
Someone ran away with the Rune and sometime thereafter Harmonia got their Hands on the Rune...for as we all know it went to L'Renouille itself...whyever...

Any other theorys ?
Or is there any official Statement ?
If you find mistakes keep them for yourself.
[GER]
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Windy was looking for the Souleater when she destroyed the Village of the Werebeasts; other than trying to reclaim the other half of the Gate Rune she was not interested in the other True Runes.

Besides the Village of the Werebeasts was destroyed long after the Beast Rune was in residence at L'Renouille Castle; since the destruction happened in Bob's lifetime. If there was a True Rune hidden there then it was not the Beast Rune.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

She destroyed the village because she was looking for the Souleater, right?

She obviously did this before the time of Suikoden I, so Ted had the Souleater, or it was at the time when he "lost" it for those three years, but that would be nowhere near the village. The village was located somewhere in the Grasslands. So, Windy was looking for the Souleater in the Grasslands, so Ted had to be in the Grasslands, or at least that's what Windy must have thought. But why in the Village of the Werebeasts?

I don't know much about the village itself, but that just seems an odd place for Ted to even consinder going to hide or whatever he was doing at the time. Also, where would have Windy obtained information that the Souleater was in the village? I imagine the Village of the Werebeasts as being a place where many humans just don't go and hang out.

So, Ted was either way north of the other places we know him of being at (Which is certainly plausable, we don't know much of what he did for those 300 years) in a village full of werebeasts, which most humans would be afraid of going to because they don't hang with non-humans that often (At least not any humans from the area, Grasslanders seem to be comfortable with hanging out with any species). Or Windy was totally guessing where he was and attacked a random village in search of the Souleater.

Somehow that just doesn't make sense to me, but I could just be slow...
Reideen

Post by Reideen »

Well it seems pretty ...unlogicaly to look for the Soul Eater in the Werebeast-village *lol*
Its kind of :" Hey....they don't have much to do with other humans ...so the soul eater might be there" .....one question ....huh ?
Anyway... I thought the destruction was somewhat near the time Windy destroyed the Village of the Hidden rune...
If you find mistakes keep them for yourself.
[GER]
True Wind Bearer

Re: Destruction of the Werebeast-Village

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Reideen wrote:My theory is that the Village was like the Village of the hidden Rune but instead of securing the Sould Eater they secured the Beast-Rune.
Someone ran away with the Rune and sometime thereafter Harmonia got their Hands on the Rune...for as we all know it went to L'Renouille itself...whyever...
A great theory although can not be true :(
Too bad they didn't go further with the Were-beasts (or lycanthorpes, I dunno...).
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Did they say how old they can get? Anyway, for all we know Ted was traveling through the Grasslands, Windy heard rumors that he might have been staying there and instantly attaked it. Actually, for a person who doesn't want to be found hanging out in a village of Werewolves seems plausible enough.
Hmm...
Viki

Post by Viki »

I dunno but maybe Ted stayed there because no one would suspect for a human to stay with werewolves (we think so too). Maybe Windy found out that Ted was there by as xXSqualleonXx said by rumors. Obviously rumors pass around quickly as everyone knows, and well the village wa destroyed.
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:Did they say how old they can get?
A lycanthrope's lifespan is close to a human's.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, Windy did not know that Ted has the Souleater. As far as she knew, Ted's Grandpa was the last one who had the Souleater, and otherwise she was out of information.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Who knows, maybe Neclord asked her to destory it. Could be like Van Helsing. Gotta watch out for them' there wolvies.