need help getting the ressurection rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
son_michael

need help getting the ressurection rune

Post by son_michael »

Ok im up to the part where im about to go fight neclord at his castle and i figure the resurrection rune will give me a serious advantage!

problem is I cant find it anywhere

according to suikosource the whip tail wolf drops them in the lorimar area but they dont appear much and when they do its only 1 wolf with 3 hell hounds

so is it possible that you guys in the forums know another way to get it? or a reccomended way? or even another more populated whip tail wolf area?

please help
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Nope. Only the wolves drop em'. The drop rate is very low. Trust me, you can fight Neclord without the Ress Rune, but if you insist on it and have no patience to get it, then gameshark is your answer.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you really need Resurrection rune user for that fight, you can always take Fukien with you. He is a typical low-def S-range magic user, so make sure to keep that in mind.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

damm i was hoping you guys could tell me other locations or ways to get it

*sigh* oh well

thanks for ur help
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

patapi wrote:If you really need Resurrection rune user for that fight, you can always take Fukien with you. He is a typical low-def S-range magic user, so make sure to keep that in mind.
Fukien only joins after the fight with Neclord. The poor guy wants a Ress rune to fight Neclord. LOL
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well it wouldve been nice to have 1 but my weapons are all lv 15 and defense is top notch too

my levels are 45 for everyone{spent hours trying to get res rune}

so I guess the star dragon sword will have to do the trick

edit: fukien joins before the star dragon sword so you can put him in your party before going to fight neclord
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

Yeah, I know what a pain that damned rune is.....Just like the phero rune as well. Anyone know if the whip dogs in Moravia castle drop anything good?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

edit: fukien joins before the star dragon sword so you can put him in your party before going to fight neclord
Sorry, my mistake. Then bring Fukien along and I am sure it will solve all your problems. LOL
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I destroyed neclord

didnt need fukien

he was pathetically easy
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

son_michael wrote:I destroyed neclord, didnt need fukien, he was pathetically easy
Hah, knew that'd be the way.
I think you'd just need a LOT of patience to get a Ressurection Rune. And in my oppinion, the Ressurection Rune in Suikoden II is much more powerful (plus it's easy to get, but you already knew that, right?)
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

I LOVE taking Fukien up to Neclord. The nice thing is, he gets his firs level 7 spell at or around level 48 which can easily be obtained without too much extra fighting inside the castle. (Besides, it gives you the opportunity to collect some Blue Dragon Urns and Fine Bone China.) The end result: Charm Arrow taking a nice chunk of damage (like 1400!) of Necro's undead arse. Plus, it means you don't have to bring an extra healer and there's someone around to keep Hix on his feet. I swear, I don't think there's been one time where he hasn't wound up dead.

It's for this very reason I don't like the fact you can't get Gantetsu until after Neclord in Suiko II. Sure Kahn (As opposed to KHAAAN!) can get the job done, but his magic power isn't the greatest in the world.

As for finding a second rune, I probably spent and hour or so looking for one with out prevail. Of course, I have no idea who I'd give it to--except for Kirke for irony's sake. Sure, his magic is pathetic, but it'd be funny non the less.
Uh Oh