Which is the best rune to give Viktor?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
niusxygrdman

Post by niusxygrdman »

Victor doesnt do well with the killer rune for me. The chances of him getting a critical are slim to none. But, as a side note...Hix looks good with he clone rune as well.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Killer rune is good if you up his skill.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Black Fang wrote:It isn't worth it as it unbalances him. So you really get nothing as you do double damage one turn and nothing on the next hence the same as two normal attacks.
you get 2x dmg in one turn + one turn to heal allies. that's a little more efficient than 1x dmg per turn (with a 0% critical rate).

i still have to say Double-Beat is the best payoff. 2 atks per turn, and if you're going to up his skill for Killer, might as well use Double-Beat so you will do more definite damage while giving him less of a chance to get counter-attacked and upping his normal critical rate a little. if Viktor is healing allies every other turn, it's still working out better than the Clone Rune.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Yeah heh :oops: forgot about that.

In one Double-Beat. In two I love him with Fury/Doubl-Beat combo as I always up his tech as much as possible so it kinda acts as a killer and to top it off he attacks up to 6 times (quite funny and kinda sad to watch).
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Emperor Jowy Blight

yo

Post by Emperor Jowy Blight »

I gave Victor the Clone Rune. I found that that was the best Rune to give to him.
We're all a little stoned, and we freak when we're at home, as for me, I only freak, when I'm bustin out...

Yo man, I'm a heretic...
suikoden

Post by suikoden »

Sadly in my games victor always got the holy rune or the sunbeam usually switched between gremio or victor for these job.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I think, for the most part, I equipped most of my physical attackers with Double-Beat Runes, seeing as they're available very early in the game. Vikotr was no exception.

edit: Bah! I didn't realize I was on the Suikon 1 forum, heh.

Well I'm currently playing SI now, and Viktor has the Clone rune, seeing as if fighting against a boss, you'll need some healing most of the time, and Viktor gets a turn to heal whomever.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

I probably wouldn't use Victor given the choice as his skill is so low he can barely hit the enemy - and what is with his HP-rate decline through the game???!!! Anyway, since you have to use him, I usually have a clone or Holy rune - I would give the holy to Gremio but he isn't always there - Recently I have given both a holy.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

I use to give him clonerune but now a double beat rune sounds better but I havent found one.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Eikei has a removable Double-beat Rune.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Eikei has a removable Double-beat Rune.
Thank you!
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Has anyone tried the Double-Beat on a L-Range person: Clive for example? Does it even work? For whatever reason I've had the same problem with giving it to Viktor as other has: with him missing the Elite Soldiers/Sonja. In fact, I've had him wind up dead in one turn on several occasions. So, depending on who I use at the end, I keep the clone rune him or give him a Killer. If I use Velaria, than I give him the Clone Rune. Else, I often use Hix/Tengaar--their unite makes quick work out of the Dragon Rune and Tengaar + Flowing = lots of happiness. :twisted:

I have tried the putting him in the backrow with Clone/Pretty Boy attack and that is rather handy since magic is pretty ineffective on the Dragon Rune you can waste Allen's Rage magic getting through the castle.
Uh Oh
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Double-beat Rune works on everyone.