Rune Info needed

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Yuber_XIV

Rune Info needed

Post by Yuber_XIV »

I used a Codebreaker to get some different runes, and two caught my interest,but i can't use either. The "Evil-Purifying Rune" and the "Rune of Balance" Anyone know where i can get them in the game? I've beaten once and did not find them. Also, if you need help, feel free to ask.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Rune of Balance porbbaly comes from early development stages of the game when characters still could get unbalanced from unites/rune effects. Now it is usless, of course.
Second rune is more interesting, thou...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow cool. are there descriptions?

"evil purifying" sounds like ressurection rune
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

KFCrispy wrote:wow cool. are there descriptions?

"evil purifying" sounds like ressurection rune
I'm not sure what the Evil-Purifying Rune Did, but from the names of the skills, it certainly isn't a ressurection rune. There were two names i remember....I think one was Revoke, and the other was Bellow.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Evil-Purifying does sound like 'Exorcism', which supposedly was the true translation of Resurrection rune. Maybe they translated the spells differently too... :?
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

Yeah, You could be right....But still...Does anyone know where to get it in the game? I find it hard to believe that there'd be a codebreaker cheat for a rune that doesn't exist... Heh, knowing my luck, I'd find the rune and it'd be useless. But still, i'd like to try the spells out. And also, I got a True Holy Rune from Codebreaker, and the Holy rune doesn't work...It doesn't double your speed or anything like that.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

haha maybe cuz everyone already has the true holy rune affecting your running from recruiting Cedric...

those spells do sound like Resurrection Rune. "Bellows" can be "Yell", Revoke can be like "Scold"...

i looked at the list at the code creators club briefly. the Rune of Balance is grouped with Wall Rune and Counter Rune. so it's probably Turtle Rune. are there other runes like Hawk, Drain, and Gale runes in this game? i haven't come across any yet. i think they just import old game data and you can see the newer runes (other than Prosperity and Waking) are added at the end of the list - Charm, Red Rose, Falcon, Shrike (new animations and stuff), True Holy (new purpose), and Slash... meh
suikogod

Post by suikogod »

Well, maybe that rune might have been intended for battling those skelatons at the obel ruins, to stop them from resurrecting and such?
I am your GOD! SUIKODEN is your religion. Any questions?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

don't think it would stop them from coming back. just have to kill all enemies. it's more like the negative of the Soul Eater.. doubt it would have special properties specifically for those enemies.
Snowe Man

Post by Snowe Man »

drain is in the game.

Post by Guest »

the evil-purifying rune is similar to the ressurrect rune. It have 4 spell level, and there spell is something like yell(forgot the rest). I can't seem to use any of the spell and it doesnt give me the info on each spell if i tries to look at it...
Blasphemy000

Post by Blasphemy000 »

The resurection rune would've helped out for the Obel ruins..... Shame they took it out.... Or maybe they didn't and we (gamers) haven't found it yet.....