My two gripes about the game make me feel dumb...

NeoVid

My two gripes about the game make me feel dumb...

Post by NeoVid »

It kept me playing for 5+ hours on release day, so I certainly like the game, and so far I only have two complaints... both of them are impacting my enjoyment a bit, but I also think they're totally stupid things to be annoyed by. One, the random encounter sound is a damn jumpscare screech, and two, the fishing minigame's timing is killing me thanks to how bad my reflexes are these days. Tiny nitpicks, but they actually are getting to me when they come up.

But then, I learned the truly depressing news after I started playing on release day... the creator of Suikoden won't even get to see us enjoying his work. Which also means the world will miss out on whatever he had planned for the future. I never thought I'd be so depressed about a game being this gripping.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: My two gripes about the game make me feel dumb...

Post by Vextor »

Fortunately Murayama has already laid out the worldview and plot elements for future installations, so Eiyuden can continue on with what he left behind.
But yes, since news of his passing was published back in February we have all been shocked by the loss.

We still do have the former Suikoden team members working on this game though, and Kawano and Komuta are probably one of the best people available to keep carrying the torch. I just wish Murayama would have had the opportunity to see how the fans reacted to his creation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Is the screech only a problem on certain devices? I play the game on PC (closed beta) and PS (official release), and haven't found it to be that noticeable.

I agree with the point on fishing though. It was already a struggle to get the bream for Huang; completing the Fish Guide will be an uphill battle.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Vextor wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am Fortunately Murayama has already laid out the worldview and plot elements for future installations, so Eiyuden can continue on with what he left behind.
But yes, since news of his passing was published back in February we have all been shocked by the loss.

We still do have the former Suikoden team members working on this game though, and Kawano and Komuta are probably one of the best people available to keep carrying the torch. I just wish Murayama would have had the opportunity to see how the fans reacted to his creation.
I don't want to sound gloomy, but I don't believe we will see another Eiyuden.

May be with a bit of luck we will see something on the same fashion by other companies, or some similar projects. With lots of lucks may be a big budget project with the same passion.

But, seeing Eiyuden...again... I don't see it happening. The game reception has been a bit lackbuster and the dlcs are listed for like 2025 on steam LOL So my faith in Eiyuden as a franchise is not very high to be honest-

Now, this may be only my personal impression, may be Im reading the situation poorly, but wherever I got I have this feeling that people is happy with having a suikoden-like game but is not happy about this particular game from this particular company.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Apparently they have already started planning for a sequel, based on interviews.
Of course, if the first installation bombed horribly they would reconsider, but it is actually selling well in Japan.
Looking at data from various retail sites in Japan, Eiyuden shows up within the top 10 in many sites for weekly sales, etc.

Because Eiyuden was rated quite well in the Weekly Famitsu magazine, the general perception is that it is a good game.
The switch version has issues for sure, but that version is selling the best -- in some places they have sold out completely.

Because R&B is in total control of this IP, they don't have to worry of anybody else in their company agreeing with a sequel.
As long as they can make a profit (or even if they don't turn a profit, as long as people are investing), they can continue what they're doing.