[FAQ] What does Armband do?

KFCrispy
Global Admin

[FAQ] What does Armband do?

Post by KFCrispy »

The Armband's description says "slightly increases damage range," which isn't very clear.

I haven't been able to tell what this does.
Ranged damage? I tried this on Kuroto, and there doesn't seem to be a difference. In fact, some numbers with the Armband turned out to be lower than with no accessory equipped.
What about upgrading the weapon range, such as S to M range? Nope, this doesn't happen either.
KingSpilly

Re: What does Armband do?

Post by KingSpilly »

I'll have to do some more testing to be sure, but I think it widens the range for how much RNG can affect your damage.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Julian

Post by Julian »

KingSpilly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:39 am I'll have to do some more testing to be sure, but I think it widens the range for how much RNG can affect your damage.
This is exactly what it does.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

If it really increases the damage range, does it also decrease the minimum damage? Does it affect magic damage as well?

If anyone does any testing, please share some numbers!

There are higher-tier armbands, so the difference should be more noticeable, especially at higher levels vs easy enemies.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Yes, it lowers minimum damage as well. I don't know if it works on magic though. As for specific numbers, it's been about a month since I tested it, so I don't remember and can't try again until my Steam code comes in. I tested it by putting the highest-tier Armband in all 4 equipment slots.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Julian

Post by Julian »

These are the ranges added:

Armband: -2.5% to +2.5%
Focusing Armband: -5% to +5%
Forceful Armband: -7.5% to +7.5%

So armband on an attack that is normally -5% to +5% now becomes -7.5% to +7.5%.

Should work on magic. Not worth it imo. (Though if you cap out important stats by level 99, I guess it could be worth considering? Haven't really played that far.)