New easter egg - First storyline day always uses the real-life date

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
srd_27

New easter egg - First storyline day always uses the real-life date

Post by srd_27 »

On the first time an elemental day/date is shown during the story (start of ch2), the date number is always based on the IRL date.
Seems like no one have noticed this simple fact after 18 years of this game's release...

Here's one example, from Zero's speedrun which was done on 18 October (and vid was uploaded 19 October)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BtN6Wu8b8w&t=548s

Another example, my NG+ speedrun which was done on 26 September
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mndtBcmIWjA&t=252s

Note that the first day is always fire element, regardless of the date number. So, the date doesn't affect the gameplay at all.
Antimatzist

Re: New easter egg - First storyline day always uses the real-life date

Post by Antimatzist »

So if you want to have a rather unique game, you should start your game on February 29. Haha, great finding! I never bothered to check the numbers of the date until now.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

Another finding, if you start the game on a 31st date, the game starts at a 30 date instead. That's because the actual date cycle in the game always only have 30 dates for every month, including February.
Antimatzist wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:29 am So if you want to have a rather unique game, you should start your game on February 29. Haha, great finding! I never bothered to check the numbers of the date until now.
Your post made me realise to try 29th Feb and 31st dates as well. 29 Feb will simply shows as 2/29 in the starting date, which unfortunately isn't really unique because every month always have 1-30 date number in this game.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

So the day after 2/29 in-game is 2/30? Ok that's boring. Imagine if there was a special secret boss if in-game date and real date match, now that would have been amazing.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

Antimatzist wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:48 pm So the day after 2/29 in-game is 2/30? Ok that's boring. Imagine if there was a special secret boss if in-game date and real date match, now that would have been amazing.
Yup, it's gonna be simply 2/30 on ch3 after finishing ch2 during 2/29.

If there's some sort of secret boss, I would've guess they would've been datamined back in 2006 and we've discovered it already lol.