SuikoGaiden Patching Issue

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
magfounder

SuikoGaiden Patching Issue

Post by magfounder »

Hi All,
First let me say I could give two whits about ISOs and ROMs and all that, but in this case I DO have Japanese originals of the two Suiko Gaidens.
Anyway, I ripped and patched my discs into English, but the text margins are chopped off in game. I've attached pictures of what my ISO looks like as well as the proper text off YouTube. What am I doing wrong?
Screenshot 2023-04-19 125616.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-19 125507.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antimatzist

Re: SuikoGaiden Patching Issue

Post by Antimatzist »

Might this be an emulator issue? Have you tried a different one or different graphics settings?
magfounder

Post by magfounder »

I did try doing some of that, but no success. But then, I easily could have missed something. Any advice on which settings to change? ePSXe. I won't be able to test them on original hardware anytime soon. My old console is out for repairs. (Trying to have them ready for the Suiko1&2 remasters later this year.)
magfounder

Post by magfounder »

Update: Tried on Duckstation and workd perfectly. Must be something in ePSXe settings. Will try the patch on actual hardware next month. Thanks for the suggestion!