Karate Uniform and stat trading

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Meesh-Meister

Karate Uniform and stat trading

Post by Meesh-Meister »

Hey everyone, long time lurker.

I'm doing another playthrough of Suikoden 2 and I've been messing around with some of the game-breaking combos, mostly reading information and planning some different setups.

I read here that the Karate Uniform trades DEF for TECH which could be pretty powerful on certain characters, but this information isn't confirmed in the armor guide or the forums (I searched for all mentions of Karate Uniform).

Can someone confirm if this is true? If it is, are there other pieces of equipment that have effects not listed in the armor guide, and can we update that?

Thanks in advance!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Karate Uniform and stat trading

Post by Pyriel »

Virtually certain that he was just referring to it having much lower defense than other choices, and that it might make up for that by giving +5 to tech, not that it has an effect that swaps your def and tech scores. I've never heard of that being a thing, and I don't recall seeing it in the code. There'd probably be an associated bug, if they did that on one set of armor. That or the speed-running community would exploit it against enemies with a high dodge rate.
Meesh-Meister

Re: Karate Uniform and stat trading

Post by Meesh-Meister »

Yeah that makes sense, the wording tripped me up.

Thank you for clarifying!