Suikoden Card Stories - Cards wanted again.

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
aj2k77

Suikoden Card Stories - Cards wanted again.

Post by aj2k77 »

I'm looking at finishing my small collection of Suikoden cards, unfortunately they never seem to appear on Ebay anymore and I don't know where else to find them . I had some success on here before thanks to a couple of fine, trustworthy posters. In case any one can help me out here I am in need of the following cards:

4, 8 , 15, 31, 45, 80, 97, 103, 145, 175, 181, 230, 232, 241, 243, 244, 249 and 252.

As far as I know they are mostly rare if not all rare. On the off chance anyone has spares of them please contact me so I can complete my collection from my favourite JRPG series of all time!

Many thanks in advance.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden Card Stories - Cards wanted again.

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Is this chapter 1? I don't think 4, 8 or 181 are particulary rare in either chapter, 8 and 181 are starters in chapter 1...? Maybe you meant 191 instead of 181?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
aj2k77

Post by aj2k77 »

Yes, they are chapter 1 and 2 cards. I'd love to complete the collection at some point.
Royal

Post by Royal »

I wish I had better news for you, but it looks like you're running into the same problem pretty much everyone else who's tried putting the set together ran into: the rare cards. Between that and availability outside Japan really drying up at one point, just about everyone basically gave up.

I've never seen any official word on which cards were rare (and Konami seems to have forgotten the TCG ever existed), or exactly how rare the rare cards were, but a few of us did quite a bit of empirical analysis at the time, and for most of the sets it seemed like you'd average roughly 1 rare and 1 Radiance Star Parallel card per box of 150 cards. And then there was Volume 2, where you tended to average one rare card or Radiance Star Parallel card per box. Volume 3 only had one rare card - but it was a Radiance Star Parallel card, and in any given box you had about a 1 in 12 chance of getting it. (There were one or two people around here who actually managed to get their hands on one, amazingly enough. No, I was not one of them.) And because the rare cards were so rare, generally people would only trade them for other rare cards.

Out of the cards you've listed, 4 is the only card that isn't a starter card or a rare card. (I probably do have an extra of that one around here somewhere, but that's about it.)

It does look like there are some cards up on Yahoo Japan's auction page, but a lot of what I saw there was absurdly expensive even before dealing with shipping costs and/or a proxy service.
toji

Post by toji »

Of all the 4 volume 2 I opened back in the day (I bought all 4 from an ebay seller at the time, sadly he never had booster box from other sets), I always had a rare card + 1 RSP. But the RSP could be the rare card ( had a Joker like this). Maybe I was lucky!

The worst sets are the last of cs2 (premium + vol4 at last, never opened vol3) where half the booster contains no holo card at all.(that's why it's hard to complete the star of these sets too).