Withdrawal Beast Designer

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Withdrawal Beast Designer

Post by Pyriel »

https://youtu.be/_wJ1SiKWT1Q?t=763

This perplexed me when I saw it at the end of SpaceCoyote's latest speedrun of this game. Does anybody have any idea what "Withdrawal Beast Designer" means? I have a feeling it's just a mistranslation for something that indicates a contract worker, but all I found when I translated that back into Japanese is a bunch of weird, romance comic books.
KingSpilly

Re: Withdrawal Beast Designer

Post by KingSpilly »

Considering it comes immediately after "Monster Designer", I'm assuming it's a mistranslation of "Assistant Monster Designer", or something like that. Maybe Shuuhei Ikeda was in charge of enemy designs, and the other three were working under him?
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well there's no original to go back to since they used the same movie for all editions apparently and the Japanese manual doesn't have a credit section. The PAL manual does but it's the same as the game version and I'm drawing a blank for trying to reverse that one, but one of the guys listed was also the lead character model designer so assistant monster designer seems likely.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

"Assistant" is a strong possibility. It looks like they only listed one "Monster Designer" before that. I just took "Digital Zero" to be a reference to an outside vendor.

I've also been wondering if maybe they gave a couple of designers the specific task of deciding what it would look like when monsters die in battle, but that seems kind of flimsy. It's the only other way I can make sense of "withdrawal", though.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Digital Zero is an outside studio, it appears they were hired to help with Suikoden IV. I think that's mostly what they do? They seem to have almost no online presence so it'd make sense if they're just programmers for hire. They might also be defunct by now.

That's also a very bad company name for google-ability.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.