Any level-jumping opportunities?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Any level-jumping opportunities?

Post by KFCrispy »

I am going to replay this game soon and am wondering if there are any opportunities to get some major level jumps. Having a reduced party size still improves EXP gain in this game, right? Ideally I'd like to get Prince somewhere pretty high before recruiting Richard.

Also, do we have a list of characters that join based on the Prince's level? I know Richard joins at Prince +10... I couldn't find anything else.
Antimatzist

Re: Any level-jumping opportunities?

Post by Antimatzist »

Wasn't EXP capped at 10k in this game, which limits level ups to 10 at a time? I don't remember about good level up opportunities though - most of the time it's the current dungeon (or secret dungeon needed for recruitment).
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I think the Big Hole is the only place that qualifies and even then it's not much? From my recollection Suikoden V doesn't really let you go off the rails much.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ok thanks for the responses!
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I know the final dungeon has a random encounter boss that gives a lot of EXP and skill points and an expensive painting. I remember using it to get my parties up to the 60s/low 70s.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Yashuna Village caves give pretty good level jumps. Specially the Target Lady with two spiders.